• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Gamble: "Play More Man"

Kevin Greene

I call bs and would like to see a link to this marvelous little story

The conversation between Gamble and Turdo took place on the sidelines and was filmed by 'Inside the NFL'. If you think I made it up, so be it. Panthers.com interviewed Turdo when he was promoted to Defensive Coordinator, and they asked about what style of defense he preferred. He gave a detailed response about how he liked aggressive man-to-man coverage with blitzing, but Fox wanted zone. I'm not going to hunt for an article that old, but it was on Panthers.com. I have no reason to lie. I don't care.

The conversation between Gamble and Turdo took place on the sidelines and was filmed by 'Inside the NFL'. If you think I made it up, so be it. Panthers.com interviewed Turdo when he was promoted to Defensive Coordinator, and they asked about what style of defense he preferred. He gave a detailed response about how he liked aggressive man-to-man coverage with blitzing, but Fox wanted zone. I'm not going to hunt for an article that old, but it was on Panthers.com. I have no reason to lie. I don't care.

fk Fox...

not sure that anyone is saying that.

what is being said is that he best way to handle him is going man coverage. using zone sure isn't going to do it. he kind of ate us up when we used it last year.

So, again, Larry Fitzgerald isn't going to get open in man coverage? I actually would be surprised if the gameplan wasn't man technique with safety help, which would be the only way Gamble would have confidence to say a thing.

what was being said about playing bump was in reference to playing ten yards off the ball. Most teams playing in strict man aren't going to also put that corner right on the ball.

Archived