• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen - Trade

CanadianCat

You have to think of the future. Could you get draft picks in the trade? Sure, maybe multiple ones. Is there any guarantee those work out? No. 

Do we have a need for a quality back up and potential future starting QB? Yes.

Is Kyle the best option there and for a good price? Yes.

Should we trade Kyle? Are you effin' kidding???? No!

16 minutes ago, musicman said:

I love Cam and hope he's healthy and comes back and plays lights out. BUT, can you afford to keep him, CMC, Bradberry, Shaq, etc? And sign a few new guys. Tough decisions for the GM.

I dont disagree with this either. Cam > Allen, but how many wins per year is Cam with a lesser team worth than Allen with a better team. I think the team needs to find out what thats worth.  

Just now, Khyber53 said:

You have to think of the future. Could you get draft picks in the trade? Sure, maybe multiple ones. Is there any guarantee those work out? No. 

Do we have a need for a quality back up and potential future starting QB? Yes.

Is Kyle the best option there and for a good price? Yes.

Should we trade Kyle? Are you effin' kidding???? No!

Yeah, this is probably a more legit discussion for when he isn't an ERFA.

13 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This what happens when hockey people start to dabble in a real sport like football. 

haha you just assume cause Im canadian... 

Hockey used to be my life, then I started watching NFL in 2004 and realized that there is a 'little' more strategy in football than the dump and chase in hockey. I could not get back into hockey since.

18 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Here’s a counter hypothetical: Cam hasn’t sustained the injuries he has in the past 2 years but is still on the wrong side of 30 and his effectiveness is still dependent on a play style that puts his body at risk more than any other qb in the league. Do you expect your massive good fortune to continue indefinitely or do you prudently invest in retaining a backup who is above average against the inevitable day when your aging franchise guy can’t go?

Even without the current injury situation you retain Allen.

Would there be any value in shopping Grier than? 

41 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Lets talk hypotheticals here...

Lets say QB1 comes back and plays well. Now lets also assume that Will Grier continues to develop throughout the season, Kyle Allen could probably fetch some pretty good trade capital given how young and cheap he is.

We might be in a position like the Patriots have been the last several years where we trade a back up for decent draft capital. I think that is the best case situation for us. 

I think this would be the ideal situation.  Don't see it happening, but it'd be great to get a high draft pick.  I've said the same of Grier.  

In all reality, however, I'd be willing to bet the farm that Cam doesn't have (consistently) good football left in him.

Archived