• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Room: 49ers offense

ellis

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The words "Shanahan" and "clean" are a bit of an odd combination.

Clean as far as technique and execution? Yeah.

Other uses of the word? Not so much.

Oh, absolutely. As far as execution goes, it’s a treat to watch. But there are some dirty elements to what that scheme does. Remember the Falcons from the Mora days? Gibbs was the architect of that scheme. It was almost impossible to stop Vick and Dunn together. 

1 hour ago, ellis said:

This is pretty much what they do. It’s not a mystery. It’s also helped their defense.

Truth is the run game was only good vs the weak defenses of bungles and browns. Their run game sucked vs the bucs rams and skins 

This popped up in my youtube feed the other day.  This thread makes me think of it.

I expect a lot of misdirection and play action.  We have to limit the explosive plays they make in their running game and off of the play action passes.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, Basbear said:

The panthers reporting is stale, Charlotte observer needs to hire Ellis like yesterday.

That’s awfully kind. Thank you so much for the compliment. I really enjoy what we do, and I’m hoping it continues to grow. Just keep follow along with us. 

On 10/22/2019 at 1:56 PM, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not.

I guess the one thing I can say is film study, at its core, is best executed as an unemotional exercise. And I don’t believe your starting point, or your premise, should ever be the defense or criticism of one single player. I don’t offer a lot of guarantees, but here’s one: every competent member of any coaching or scouting staff will tell you that’s not how they do their job. So that’s a pretty good standard to follow. 

I’ve seen some of that around Twitter, and it’s not limited to the guys who do Panthers stuff. There’s a lot of emotion wrapped up in it. That’s definitely not how I was taught by some very good football people to do this.

But, there’s definitely an audience for emotionally charged film analysis.

Archived