• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alex Smith?

Proudiddy

He's taken back over the 49ers starting spot and he's not locked up past this year. I have always been impressed with his physical skills and he's still relatively young. I think some of his struggles in SF have been due to changes in coordinators, systems, and trying to impress different coaches. I really think he could be a legitimate option as our QB next year and beyond. I really hope he tests the FA market after the season and doesn't re-sign...

meh....

most thought that david carr's problems had to do with him being on a crappy team.

not buying. i'd rather see what moore has. crap, i'd rather see mccown get a chance. smith...if he's available and really cheap and we were going to have a real competition for the job, sure why not give him a shot? i just wouldn't put much on the line for him.

Carr's problem was he was shell shocked and needed to sit a year and learn a system with no pressure. He didn't get that here and was literally booed out of town. Now that he's had that he doesn't look that bad in NY. If Smith can rebound this year then I think it'd be worth giving him a shot. But of course if he does then SF will probably lock him up.

IMO, from when I've seen Smith, his game is nothing like Carr's. He actually looks to get rid of the ball whereas Carr would just sit in the pocket all day and wait to be sacked. I just think he has a lot of potential and could be had for a bargain price.

Archived