• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next coach!!

Panfan35

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I haven't seen enough from him yet.

Lots of one year wonder coordinators wind up making lousy head coaches.

(you could say that about one, and arguably two, of our own)

I’ve seen 7 games now. 

Saleh was under Kubiak in Houston then won a SB in Seattle. Then left with Gus Bradley to Jacksonville. Now has the #1 defense. 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I will say I'm ready for an offensive coach.

That was never going to happen under Jerry Richardson, but it might under David Tepper.

I don’t care about offensive or defensive, I want a smart coach who can make adjustments on both sides of the ball and game plan for specific opponents. I’d have no problems looking at a ST coordinator like John Harbaugh was either. I really like Matt Rhule.

6 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

I’ve seen 7 games now. 

Saleh was under Kubiak in Houston then won a SB in Seattle. Then left with Gus Bradley to Jacksonville. Now has the #1 defense. 

Can't credit him too much with the Seahawks as he was only a lower-level assistant.

San Francisco is his only coordinator job. This is his third season and the previous two weren't that impressive from what 49er fans have said.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I don’t care about offensive or defensive, I want a smart coach who can make adjustments on both sides of the ball and game plan for specific opponents. I’d have no problems looking at a ST coordinator like John Harbaugh was either. I really like Matt Rhule.

I'd take Dave Toub in a heartbeat.

I don't really want another defensive coach though.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't credit him too much with the Seahawks as he was only a lower-level assistant.

San Francisco is his only coordinator job. This is his third season and the previous two weren't that impressive from what 49er fans have said.

I agree but his coaching pedigree is pretty impressive and it is showing proof right now. 

Just now, Forty-Eight said:

I agree but his coaching pedigree is pretty impressive and it is showing proof right now. 

I just tend to prefer someone with more high-level experience.

I know the rest of the world loves to be able to go "wow, look how young our head coach is", but that's just not me.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I just tend to prefer someone with more high-level experience.

I know the rest of the world loves to be able to go "wow, look how young our head coach is", but that's just not me.

That’s when you’re the Jets and hire Adam Gase who has HC experience and success as OC with Peyton Manning in Denver. 

Panthers safety Tre Boston on #49ers offense: "They knew what we were in. They knew the schemes and how they wanted to get to us. Our hats go off to them."

I think it was von Miller in the super bowl that basically said they have changed anything that’s why they had our number. This is the reason for our Mediocrity we need a offense of minded with creativity, imagine that with our talent that’s able to compete even though everyone already knows what we are doing. 

2 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

That’s when you’re the Jets and hire Adam Gase who has HC experience and success as OC with Peyton Manning in Denver. 

Yeah, that's one of those things where I think you have to look at the context.

Admittedly, I have trouble taking Gase seriously since that taco video came out :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

10 hours ago, Seltzer said:

That is a ridiculous take.  Rivera is far better than you must think.  

And Tepper is not afraid to make a decision.  You don't just cut bait on a coach that has accomplished as much as Rivera haphazardly.

That's not to say Rivera isn't going to be let go or needs to be let go.  He may very well be let go- how he gets the team to respond to this game will go a long way towards determining that.

There are 9 games left for Tepper to make the decision.  If we collapse again, I'm all for it.  That doesn't mean he can't coach, but it will mean his message is worn out here.

That being said, I can only imagine how this place will be if Rivera is in Atlanta next year getting that defense back to respectability while the offense continues to do their thing.  

Rivera got outcoached today, but he is still one of the best defensive minds in the league.

I'm upset about laying an egg again in a game where we could gain national respect for sure.  But I also look at Rivera's entire body of work instead of being a victim of this game alone.

He will be employed no matter what next year, and with a better than 90% chance of being a HC

how do we know tepper isn't scared to make a decision? what decision has he made relating to the team so far? the bubble? 

and we know how this team will respond. they will respond exactly like they responded last year after pittsburgh blew them out.

rivera gets out coached a lot. every season he seems to get out coached by numerous coaches. he gets out coached because he refuses to evolve. this isn't 1985 anymore. this isn't the bears defense that he played for. the nfl isn't about trotting out the same game plan every week. rivera is like those teachers who came up with a lesson plan 15 years ago and continue to teach the same way. every successful head coach makes changes year to year. ron has been running the exact same defense since he got to carolina. 

all of the money and draft capital this team has wasted on defense, and they still look lost week to week. at some point ron has to take some responsibility. 

11 hours ago, t96 said:

Zimmer has been terrible for the Vikings. Their GM has stacked their roster on both sides of the ball and Zimmer still hasn’t even gotten as far as the championship game in what, 6 seasons? All my family is from MN and are all Vikes fans and I follow them quite a bit, trust me, they hate him more than we’ve hated Ron here.

They made the cardinal sin. They were winning, make it to a championship game, and then let their quarterback go to over pay a bejesus out of another.

thats what screwed them.

i really liked watching them play last year— wished we were playing like that.

chip kelly did it with Foles and Sam Bradford— Minni repeated history

Archived