• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Rips into Panthers WRs, "They may draft a WR in the 1st this year that will actually give good effort"

ncfan

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

He's telling it like it is.

He have been high on Moore initially, and while Moore may put up decent numbers for the whole year, he certainly hasn't established himself as a true WR1.

And Samuel hasn't performed exceptionally either.

I still believe they both have the talent, but the production hasn't been there, and according to someone who is qualified to make the judgement, neither is the effort.

Hopefully this will light a fire under them.

Moore has shown enough to be a number 2 and just another guy that can help. Not someone who can take over a game and grab the defense by the throat and bite it 

10 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

You mean the pick where he threw it right to the defender lol yeah ok 

it was right to the defender because he jumped the route and Samuels half assed the route.  Combo of two factors. 

Defenders are gonna make plays.  Looked extra bad because Samuels’ route was garbage on a play where a defender was making a play. 

Steve Smith had Super Human effort. A want to you can’t coach into people. They either want it or they don’t.

you would think as rookies they would play with great effort to get that big ass contract before the walk off....

I don’t think many have the passion to play like Steve did— they just do what they have to, get paid when it’s time and float.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

it was right to the defender because he jumped the route and Samuels half assed the route.  Combo of two factors. 

Defenders are gonna make plays.  Looked extra bad because Samuels’ route was garbage on a play where a defender was making a play. 

The route was probably lazy but it was a bad throw he didn’t jump the route he was on Samuel back side it was a bad throw Just  in my opinion . All those picks were bad and avoidable 

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

moore has lived up to his ability. not really sure what smith was seeing. how is it that only now he can see he's not a great route runner when that was iirc the biggest knock on him coming out of college? im not convinced smith even watches these panthers games.

Moore was 1st rounder. I don’t care if he was taken as the 24th pick. He was the FIRST wr taken in the draft. I understand he is only in his 2nd year and putting good numbers, but who isn’t in today’s NFL? I want to see Moore consistently take over a game. Not just making one big play once in a while. Moore needs a CMC leap for me to believe he will be elite. Samuel is trash imo. I don’t care about how fast he is running a straight line. He’s a body catcher now and will retire a body catcher. Smitty knows his football. I’m sure he spend more time with the team than you and me trying to keep up with the team on sundays via tv and on Carolina huddle. 

Archived