• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam to IR

KillaCamNewton

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

We see what Allen has.  If he doesn't have "it", then maybe we draft a qb and at the same time, let Cam show us next year if he still has it.  

Its not good, but its not end of the world.  

I think I'm just arguing for nothing though...  it sounds like the team has already decided to move on, smh...

24 minutes ago, raz said:

that's great but you're asking a franchise qb to come play on a prove it deal.   you're not taking into account how that's going over with nfl players at this time.   maybe he'll pull a flacco and bet on himself, maybe he'll ask for a trade.  if he asks i'm under the assumption it will be granted because of what he's done while he was here.   if i were him i'd want the hell out of here.  no decent line.   going back into this year with it a shiteshow for one.   not sure why you think he would want to stay - and i don't think we have 'control' of him for 3 years.   he's gonna get to do what he wants in regards to coming in on a lame duck deal.  watch.   

The team will get their way, unless Cam decides to retire, then it's out of their hands.

And to say that franchise QB's don't come back on the last year of their deal.....that's just not true, especially after they turn 30, or are injured/coming off injury.  Cam has not proven to be able to stay healthy at this point in his career, that cannot be argued.

If you want an example of "franchise QB's" playing on the last year of their deal, look no farther than Rivers right now.

19 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Idk completely folded like a chump against a legitimate nfc playoff team.

Why don't u take ur sh!tty takes somewhere else. Lmao Cam would have done no better against that defense. I bet u said oh that wasn't Cam's fault against Steelers last year too. Yeah come back when u can talk football with the men and not peewee boys.

10 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

That many people don't stop coming just because we lost one game (and lost it badly).  Jourdan said this has been a lingering issue for weeks.

Have u been going. This was our first game at home in almost a month. I went to other games and believe me it wasn't like that. It all had to do with that but whipping we took against the 49ers. People got flashbacks of last year. 

16 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I think I'm just arguing for nothing though...  it sounds like the team has already decided to move on, smh...

You are paying to much attention to what people are saying here.  There is zero indication the team has decided to move on.  

If you read what Hurney said, it certainly doesn't sound like he wants to move on.  

5 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Have u been going. This was our first game at home in almost a month. I went to other games and believe me it wasn't like that. It all had to do with that but whipping we took against the 49ers. People got flashbacks of last year. 

No I havent been this season.  I was basing it off of her exact wording.

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Interesting to me to release this news on a day when Ron doesn't have regularly scheduled media availability. It gives them a day to monitor the online conversation, anticipate some of the questions and prepare answers.

You mean they knew this was going to happen yesterday and didn't address it in the press conference?

Crazy! :fear:

(yeah, probably) :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You are paying to much attention to what people are saying here.  There is zero indication the team has decided to move on.  

If you read what Hurney said, it certainly doesn't sound like he wants to move on.  

I hope you're right again, DD.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You mean they knew this was going to happen yesterday and didn't address it in the press conference?

Crazy! :fear:

(probably)

*sarcasm* I'm just so stunned that Ron was completely forthcoming yesterday. Shocking, I tell you. *sarcasm*

8 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I didn't read Hurney's statement, but all it means to me is that we enter next August with as good of a chance of having Cam healthy as possible.  It was getting less likely by the day that we were going to see him back this season, anyway.

If he is not back next year, it will be because he decided to take a cue from Andrew Luck, which I would not blame him for, or a new sheriff comes in and turns the page on Cam many others.  I think the former is more likely than the latter, if either dark scenario is going to play out.  And don't take that to mean I think the current sheriff's job is safe.

And yes, that means he probably will be on a "prove it" year in 2020.  Anybody (QB or otherwise) who has played zero healthy games in the last season and a half prior to his final year would likely assume that is the case.  He not only has to prove he can withstand an entire year to the Panthers, he has to prove that to every other team potentially interested, and more importantly, to himself.

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Might want to check out what Jourdan Rodrigue said on that front...

48 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Might want to check out what Jourdan Rodrigue said on that front...

I did, she said all options are on the table.  Which means she doesn't know.  

Hurney said that Cam had done everything the team ask him to, that he has been the consumate professional, and he is as frustrated as anyone.  Of course, we never really know what anyone is thinking, but that is not a "we are moving on" statement.  

Personally I think if Cam is released, or traded, that will come from him, not from the team.  

Archived