• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why blame Marty?

Matt62881

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

OK. Show one post where you aren’t completely 100% biased in everything involved with Hurney. You and Krovvy have been doing this forever. I can point out numerous times I’ve bashed Gettleman and praised Hurney. Can you say the same in the other direction. Absolutely not. Which is why you calling out an opinion as flawed because they are “fanboys” is hypocritical. When you are as biased as any poster is on here about anything. 

I've always stated that Hurney sucked between 2009-2012.

Objectively speaking, I think Hurney put a solid squad together for the season. 

I do believe the failures this year are more on Ron than Hurney.

Having said that, I want them both out. I don't think Hurney has the stones or football knowledge to tell Ron to change some things up to improve the team. 

Hurney seems like a guy that acquiesces to others, specifically guys who know more about football than he does (which is almost everyone). We need a GM who knows and understands football (like Gettleman) who isn't afraid to tell Ron he's doing something wrong but isn't a total dickhead (Not like Gettleman).

Basically Our GM should be smarter about Football than our HC, who should also be pretty damn smart about football. 

i thought it was moronic to bring back a guy that failed, spent several years on radio, and then came back but JR was a moron so it makes sense

that being said, he's put PLENTY of talent on the field. our defense has 9 first round picks and no one that plays significant snaps is over 32 years old. Trai Turner has regressed but he still is good and Moton is a stud. Daryl Williams sucks but he was an all pro when he was healthy and no one could have expected such a drastic drop off in his play. Paradis too. 

he has a 1st round pick at receiver who is legitimately turning into a true #1 and Samuel has shown flashes too. he has arguably the best skill position player in the league at running back and a tight end who will be in Canton one day and is showing he still has plenty left in the tank.

does anyone really think that even with Kyle Allen at QB a more modern and resourceful coaching staff wouldnt be able to consistently win with this roster? Hurney has done fine his second go around

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Objectively speaking, I think Hurney put a solid squad together for the season. 

I do believe the failures this year are more on Ron than Hurney.

Having said that, I want them both out. I don't think Hurney has the stones or football knowledge to tell Ron to change some things up to improve the team. 

Hurney seems like a guy that acquiesces to others, specifically guys who know more about football than he does (which is almost everyone). We need a GM who knows and understands football (like Gettleman) who isn't afraid to tell Ron he's doing something wrong but isn't a total dickhead (Not like Gettleman).

Basically Our GM should be smarter about Football than our HC, who should also be pretty damn smart about football. 

Gettleman knows 1970s hogmollie football. We need someone with a modern brain.

6 minutes ago, Car123 said:

I've always stated that Hurney sucked between 2009-2012.

Hey. That’s one. Nice. 

Now, does 1 post out of thousands make you NOT a “fanboy”. Nope. But it’s all I asked For. 

I’ll leave this board forever if you can find one praising Gettleman in some form. With the word ”good” or better. No risk for you. Just after 2015. Wasn’t here before then. 

idk who is less hateable; the ppl who flip flop between hurney being a decent/good enough GM during the draft and the late offseason months when optimism is like a dopamine fix, and then realize midway through the season that the team really was destined to be garbage the entire time and start calling for his head, or the faithful sympathizers who walk 12 miles uphill both ways and clock in right on time to make excuses for hurney 365 days a year, and don’t even take a lunch. as far as i’m concerned individuals from both groups can take several seats a piece.

it can’t be a good offseason if the resulting product is trash. hurney doesn’t have a fuging clue and this same song and dance about this whole hurney 2.0 redemption arc and the constant deflection is nothing more than this community making a fuging mockery of itself -again- considering that the first thing that everybody did when hurney was brought back as an interim was crack jokes about the positional conversions and glorified personnel acquisitions that don’t amount to jackshit during the regular season, and everything else about how terrible he was before he got replaced after 2012.

20 minutes ago, Car123 said:

I don't care if Hurney goes as long as we hire someone better. And no, I don't want any loser from the Steelers. That team is equally as bad as Carolina. I didn't mind us rehiring Hurney because he was better than our previous GM.

Gettleman’s got a job in 6 months based on his work in CAR. Hurney got an AM radio gig  and still hasn’t gotten a call from another NFL team. 

What would be the basis for Hurney being better. By what? He didn’t cut your favorite player? I see no reasonable evaluation that favors 80% success vs absolutely nothing. 

6 hours ago, Car123 said:

2017 isn't looking great either. Samuel sucks, Moton sucks, Armah sucks, Corn Elder sucks, Daeshon Hall is somewhere playing semi-pro football. 

Funny how a couple losses in a row can change the narrative.

Samuel doesnt suck along with a lot of other players people think suck after the team has a bad game

15 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Hey. That’s one. Nice. 

Now, does 1 post out of thousands make you NOT a “fanboy”. Nope. But it’s all I asked For. 

I’ll leave this board forever if you can find one praising Gettleman in some form. With the word ”good” or better. No risk for you. Just after 2015. Wasn’t here before then. 

I've always complimented Gettleman on his 2017 draft. 

Archived