• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are you Thankful for in the world of sports?

1of10Charnatives

5 hours ago, bull123 said:

Roy Williams....we are damn lucky to have him at Carolina...one of the greatest ever to coach college basketball...and he will be gone sooner than later

Joe Gibbs...Nascar is lucky to have him

Golf....Pinehurst, Augusta, & the Wells all professional tournaments within driving distance...Forward tees that allow us to play without being tortured every round...my Golfing Buddies & our annual trek to Myrtle Beach for our week long adventure that we have been going on for 20 yrs

and I am especially thankful that we have both NFL & an NBA teams in Charlotte

I'll not rain on your Thankfulness..  but in a gesture of Panther friendship, I'll just include that the state of NC has the best college basketball in the US of A ..  We have recently had the best college football coming from the state of SC .. 

I can't improve on your golf comments.. We rarely see snow in Southeast NC, and golf can usually be played all but about 2-4  weeks a year .. Gold tees are wonderful .. Spring IS THE MASTERS

I am thankful for fall,  and football. We were 0-2 to start the year and I was afraid we'd be 2-7 now.. So not having the wheels come completely off , and enjoying good wins over the Texans, The bucs in London , Cardinals , Jaguars , Titans.

Wow ... that's a big question.  Thankful for ...

- sports being a way to share a passion with your kids and create lasting memories.  Road trips, playoff games, x clown in St Louis, stunner in Philly (not kid friendly), Super Bowl, etc.  Quality time with the fam.

- every once in a while having a team / coach with grit and passion to rally behind ... Canes last year.

- after decades of letting the Panthers dictate my mood on Sundays, thankful for the realization that sports is just entertainment.  Took decades but I am finally there.

- thankful for quality youth programs that teach kids valuable life lessons at young ages

- lastly, thankful for Zod's topcat coverage ... wait, he stopped doing that.  Nevermind.  

Archived