• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2020 Panthers draft

Cary Kollins

This roster is thin (shocker), and will be much thinner after the season is over.

In the 1st round, likely top 14, you take the best player available at every position not named running back.

Every draft pick after that needs to lean toward building up the offensive line and defensive line.

18 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

So with this season Officially being over, what are we looking at in terms of a first round draft pick? Assuming we lose the majority if not all of our upcoming games where do you think we land? Top five? Top ten? QB? WR? DL?

Someone who’s smarter lay out who we will pick when the time comes so we can have something positive to concentrate on.

I'd spend as many picks necessary to get the personnel for a 3-4 d-line.

Burns, Haynes, and Miller look promising as pass rushers, but these guys cannot play in a 4-3. 

I'd also grab a safety. Draft a Guard / Center in the 4th or 5th round and see where it takes us. 

1st, 2nd on d-line

3rd on safety

4th on Guard / Center

5th - wherever on DTs. 

Grab a kicker with the last pick

3 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I'd spend as many picks necessary to get the personnel for a 3-4 d-line.

Burns, Haynes, and Miller look promising as pass rushers, but these guys cannot play in a 4-3. 

I'd also grab a safety. Draft a Guard / Center in the 4th or 5th round and see where it takes us. 

1st, 2nd on d-line

3rd on safety

4th on Guard / Center

5th - wherever on DTs. 

Grab a kicker with the last pick

Assuming a coaching change though, we don't know for certain that the next coach will run a 3-4.

I'd add that somebody else (Fuzz, I think) posed a good question based on the fact that Luke doesn't fit well in a 3-4 system while other guys like the ones you mentioned don't necessarily fit great into a 4-3.

So the question becomes do you implement a system that doesn't fit Burns or one that doesn't fit Luke?

Archived