• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did anyone see Charles Johnson yesterday?

Fiz

Brayton is 3 inches from being a pro-bowler.

He misses a sack a game by the tips of his fingers.

I like Brayton, but he keeps blowing containment on outside running plays. The Bucs and the Bills both ran right by him for big plays after he crashed inside for some reason.

Anyway, I agree that CJ was pretty darn good yesterday. Except for Brayton blowing his containment on a few plays, I can't complain about any of them.

I've been saying that I don't know why he isn't starting over Brayton... He is a very stout guy, and he's got a lot more speed than Brayton, so I don't know why he isn't in there more often. And the guy makes plays.

I had pointed out a couple weeks ago too, I think after the 'Skins game that we kept lining Brayton and Johnson up inside at DT as well.

I liked Tyler's play yesterday as well.

I've been saying that I don't know why he isn't starting over Brayton... He is a very stout guy, and he's got a lot more speed than Brayton, so I don't know why he isn't in there more often. And the guy makes plays.

I had pointed out a couple weeks ago too, I think after the 'Skins game that we kept lining Brayton and Johnson up inside at DT as well.

I liked Tyler's play yesterday as well.

I have been saying for awhile that CJ is the most complete DE on the roster (now I think Pep has regained that title but he is a close 2nd). I loved our Tyler trade and the one before it for Leonard. I think our FO had neglected the Dline for years but they may have finally redeemed themselves. Our Good Dline has finally returned and oh how I've missed it.

I like Brayton, but he keeps blowing containment on outside running plays. The Bucs and the Bills both ran right by him for big plays after he crashed inside for some reason.

Anyway, I agree that CJ was pretty darn good yesterday. Except for Brayton blowing his containment on a few plays, I can't complain about any of them.

:iagree:

If and when Fox is fired, could Meeks be promoted please?

No offense, but that a terrible idea. Why should we promoted a DC in his first season with a new team as the head coach the year after his first season? That is not a smart business there. Beside, our defense is starting to click with Meeks's plan along with Peppers loving his plan lately, that we should not ruin it with making Meeks our new head coach a year after his first season here. If we get rid of Fox, let get a guy who isn't on the team & keep Meeks as our DC.

And it's scary indeed that Johnson is quick based on how heavy he is for a DE that look more like a DT. :party:

IIRC That means he'll be a RFA instead of a UFA bc of his time in the league

nah

7/13/2007: Signed a four-year, $2.375 million contract. The deal included a $710,000 signing bonus and contains a final-year escalator that could up Johnson's 2010 salary to $1.1 million. 2009: $460,000, 2010: $550,000, 2011: Free Agent

if he was going to be an UFA, he'd instead be a RFA without a CBA

Archived