• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hate to say it but Lamar Jackson is better than Cam already.

Snake

Just now, mjligon said:

Yeah I mean he’s ridiculous.

Looks like he’s also “old enough” to get a few favorable calls and if he plays his cards right and doesn’t dress too crazy the NFL will prop him up to become the face of the league.

Yeah the most horrible part of Cam Newton's career was that the NFL never wanted Cam. Lamar is still just crazy though. 

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

This is dumb. This guy been in the league 2 years. Last year everyone was saying he isnt even a qb. He is a terrible passer and all that. Now one year in hes had a better career over 9 seasons than cam? Snake we know how u feel about cam but this is dumb. Please delete this.

Dude it hurts me to say it. I've been Cams biggest supporter even when half this board was pissd when we drafted him. Still Jackson after only two years is throwing the ball better than Cam and is running just as good if not better. Dude is crazy good. 

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

This is dumb. This guy been in the league 2 years. Last year everyone was saying he isnt even a qb. He is a terrible passer and all that. Now one year in hes had a better career over 9 seasons than cam? Snake we know how u feel about cam but this is dumb. Please delete this.

He's on pace for 9-10 rushing TDs, which match the total Cam Newton had during his 2015 MVP campaign. Jackson has already rushed for more yards than Newton ever has in a single season.

Jackson also has 1,558 rushing yards in his career, surpassing what Newton did in 2011-12 for the most by a QB over his first two NFL seasons.

Dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last year. He's undoubtedly having a great season in a system catered to him, but as Bill Parcells used to say, don't crown him yet.

In 2002, Michael Vick was "revolutionizing" the game. That didnt last. 

I'm not hating on Lamar. But he also benefitting from a superb coaching staff and surrounding talent, something we never gave Cam

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

He's on pace for 9-10 rushing TDs, which match the total Cam Newton had during his 2015 MVP campaign. Jackson has already rushed for more yards than Newton ever has in a single season.

Jackson also has 1,558 rushing yards in his career, surpassing what Newton did in 2011-12 for the most by a QB over his first two NFL seasons.

You didn't have to do the man like that. I bet he's crying with his Cam pillow. Lamar is just absolutely amazing. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Dude it hurts me to say it. I've been Cams biggest supporter even when half this board was pissd when we drafted him. Still Jackson after only two years is throwing the ball better than Cam and is running just as good if not better. Dude is crazy good. 

I dont recall you ever really supporting cam, opposite really. This is his first season even being legitimately a threat as a passer. Yes he is having an amazing season. Yes he is very good. But it's basically his first glimpse at being good. Year two. Better than Cam ever was...humm your reaching. He could break his leg later tonight then we never know. Slow down let's see some dominance. Cam showed dominance this is Lamar's first go at this. 

What your doing is basically like saying after last year Patrick Mahommes is better than Tom Brady or peyton manning some guys who have proven it. Let these guys have some career before saying crap like this. Unless u just want to bash cam because u dislike him which from what I have seen you do.

Just now, Seltzer said:

Dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last year. He's undoubtedly having a great season in a system catered to him, but as Bill Parcells used to say, don't crown him yet.

In 2002, Michael Vick was "revolutionizing" the game. That didnt last. 

I'm not hating on Lamar. But he also benefitting from a superb coaching staff and surrounding talent, something we never gave Cam

A system doesn't make you a better passer. Dude just has gotten better and is still learning. 

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Cam was totally unique. We used him for years as our primary power runner in the redzone. No other QB has been asked to do that

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

That's great and it's an amazing season. Singular. One season. Saying someone is better tha  someone else who has played 9 years over 1 year is dumb.

Archived