• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rappaport: Marty Hurney heavily involved in HC search!!!

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actually the 2-14 team in 2010 was the team Richardson built by dumping all the vets in an attempt to save money anticipating a long hold out on the CBA. The 1-15 team in 2001 wasn't built by Hurney for the most part.

And there were more than 3 winning teams under Marty.

So much fail in one post.

What other winning teams were there. I guess the fail rolled into the reply. 

16 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

2017 doesn’t count because he didn’t build the roster and was basically a neutered interim GM with no power to make moves at that point. 

My memory seems to recall that 2017 team was led by Cam Newton, Luke K, Thomas David, Ryan Kalil, Jonathan Stewart, Julius Peppers, Greg Olsen, etc.

But sure, he had nothing to do with any of those guys.  Russell Sephard and Daryl Worley won us those 11 games.

Just now, bobowilson said:

My memory seems to recall that 2017 team was led by Cam Newton, Luke K, Thomas David, Jonathan Stewart, Julius Peppers, Greg Olsen, etc.

But sure, he had nothing to do with any of those guys.  Russell Sephard and Daryl Worley won us those 11 games.

What's amusing about your commentary is that you like to give Marty credit for winning rosters that he didn't build.

Funny how you don't seem to want to place blame on him for the losing rosters (which by the way, would be the majority of them) that he actually did build.

Your logic is basically that when we win, it's because of Marty but when we lose it's because of everybody else.

Sound logic, there :eyeroll:

Just now, bobowilson said:

My memory seems to recall that 2017 team was led by Cam Newton, Luke K, Thomas David, Ryan Kalil, Jonathan Stewart, Julius Peppers, Greg Olsen, etc.

Thank you. Just said the same thing. Plus Gettleman was such a douche he dumped some of Hurney's best picks and we suffered because of it.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

What's amusing about your commentary is that you like to give Marty credit for winning rosters that he didn't build.

Funny how you don't seem to want to place blame on him for the losing rosters (which by the way, would be the majority of them) that he actually did build.

Your logic is basically that when we win, it's because of Marty but when we lose it's because of everybody else.

Sound logic, there :eyeroll:

Actuslly your logic is any time we lose it is Hurney's fault and even when we win it was despite Hurney not because of him.  

Equally sound logic there.

24 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actually the 2-14 team in 2010 was the team Richardson built by dumping all the vets in an attempt to save money anticipating a long hold out on the CBA. The 1-15 team in 2001 wasn't built by Hurney for the most part.

And there were more than 3 winning teams under Marty.

So much fail in one post.

Excuse me 2-14. Still a complete failure.

But 2010 isn't his fault because JR. Is anything ever this man's fault as a GM? People want to bash on Gettleman for not building complete rosters, but this team was in cap hell. He built a SB roster with a core of pieces collected by Hurney, and almost zero room to put any talent around them because we had no cap space because of Hurney. Whine about only having Ted Ginn, Philly Brown and Bersin as receivers. Well, that falls onto Hurney too. 

Don't get me wrong, GMan was not a good GM, but he could manage the cap. His drafting was meh. He couldn't handle personal relationships with players. This team can do better than Hurney and Gettleman. Stop defending a guy that has proven he cannot get it done.

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You have to include 2017. He was the GM the whole regular season and arguably many of the best performers were Hurney guys not Gettleman 

LOL. Sure. 

What players did he sign on that team? He made two moves......

Butker over Gano. Excellent move. Worked out great. Lost over 3M for similar production that year alone. And much, much more. Then traded our WR1 score a wasted 3rd round pick and left us with Bersin, Clay, Frazier in a playoff game. That sure helped. 

Does a Hurney get credit for JStew’s 3.4 ypc? And that he was still too expensive to cut. Signing Peopers? How’s that possible. R Kalil missing half the season. Olsen too. Real backbone of a team there. 

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

But 2010 isn't his fault because JR. Is anything ever this man's fault as a GM? People want to bash on Gettleman for not building complete rosters, but this team was in cap hell. He built a SB roster with a core of pieces collected by Hurney, and almost zero room to put any talent around them because we had no cap space because of Hurney. Whine about only having Ted Ginn, Philly Brown and Bersin as receivers. Well, that falls onto Hurney too. 

Don't get me wrong, GMan was not a good GM, but he could manage the cap. His drafting was meh. He couldn't handle personal relationships with players. This team can do better than Hurney and Gettleman. Stop defending a guy that has proven he cannot get it done.

Gmans problem was he could cut and slash folks every year but thought that you could just replace players like Madden and chemistry didn't mean anything which is why we had slow starts.  His Superbowl run was from mostly Hurney parts with terrible lines Gettleman built by dumping guys like Gross and replacing them with jags.

And cap space is not the problem folks seem to say it is. Otherwise how does New Orleans sign everyone they want and never have cap room.

Hurney was much better than Gman and clearly the idea of giving him help is the most sound decision Tepper can make.

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actuslly your logic is any time we lose it is Hurney's fault and even when we win it was despite Hurney not because of him.  

Equally sound logic there.

Nah. I gave both Hurney and Rivera credit for the games we won.

The problem is that with those two in charge, we don't tend to win a whole lot of them.

13 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

LOL. Sure. 

Butker over Gano. Excellent move. Worked out great. Lost over 3M for similar production that year alone. And much, much more. Then traded our WR1 score a wasted 3rd round pick and left us with Bersin, Clay, Frazier in a playoff game. That sure helped. 

Does a Hurney get credit for JStew’s 3.4 ypc? And that he was still too expensive to cut. Signing Peopers? How’s that possible. R Kalil missing half the season. Olsen too. Real backbone of a team there. 

Just to give both of you a heads up, Panthers55 likes to take up stupid, unpopular points and argue them just to be an ass. He spent several years arguing with people that Mike Shula was actually a great OC.

Up to you how much you want to continue. Just know what you're getting into.

Just now, Toomers said:

LOL. Sure. 

More negative posts with little reality.  It is the holidays and every time we discuss things you get nasty eventually and make personal attacks. So I will refrain. Suffice it to say I disagree with your perspective. Have a good new year.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Gmans problem was he could cut and slash folks every year but thought that you could just replace players like Madden and chemistry didn't mean anything which is why we had slow starts.  His Superbowl run was from mostly Hurney parts with terrible lines Gettleman built by dumping guys like Gross and replacing them with jags.

And cap space is not the problem folks seem to say it is. Otherwise how does New Orleans sign everyone they want and never have cap room.

Hurney was much better than Gman and clearly the idea of giving him help is the most sound decision Tepper can make.

Why does it matter if Hurney is better than Gettleman or Gettleman is better than Hurney. They're both terrible GMs and their records prove it.

Archived