• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera To Meet With Redskins Officials Tomorrow - Likely To Be Their Next HC

bobsfoodbasics

35 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

Maybe that’s why Ron said he wasn’t concerned about his future...he already knew.

He was asked a few weeks ago if his family was leaving Charlotte.  He laughed, smiled and basically winked and said not if the new team was close enough they didn't have to. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Eeeehh, I don't buy that. We might not be the premier job, but I wouldn't call us the worst.

NYG- stuck with Daniel Jones and unknown future with Gettleman

CLE- tied to Baker and a franchise that won’t keep a coach longer than like 2 years

DAL- Jerry Jones

yeah I’d say we are at least more attractive than those

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eeeehh, I don't buy that. We might not be the premier job, but I wouldn't call us the worst.

sure we are. 

Uncertainty at QB

Bad line play on both sides of the ball. 

That makes us the worst. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

They were actually just having the discussion on Good Morning Football and the general consensus there was that if you're the coach that's in the highest demand, why the hell would you pick the Redskins?

because he's in zero demand.  he like mccarthy.  they'll both say anything, put up with anything, to get a gig

Just now, raz said:

because he's in zero demand.  he like mccarthy.  they'll both say anything, put up with anything, to get a gig

Except he's not.

Multiple sources called Rivera the top candidate in the league. It's believed, had he been patient, he could have had his choice of jobs.

No direction at QB, even if Cam stays, his health a huge question mark. 

Lots of free agents on defense, bunch of players not likely coming back like Olsen

No idea on how the front office will work. 

Tepper also seems to be more like Jones, Haslam and Synder than typical owners. 

How will that dynamic work. I'm a Panthers fan, but if I was a coach, I'd stay away. 

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

No direction at QB, even if Cam stays, his health a huge question mark. 

Lots of free agents on defense, bunch of players not likely coming back like Olsen

No idea on how the front office will work. 

Tepper also seems to be more like Jones, Haslam and Synder than typical owners. 

How will that dynamic work. I'm a Panthers fan, but if I was a coach, I'd stay away. 

Lots of power, a say in what happens with the front office, an owner with money and willingness to spend it.

Except he's not.

Multiple sources called Rivera the top candidate in the league. It's believed, had he been patient, he could have had his choice of jobs.

you mean an article and chatter put out by his agent?   i'm just not buying it.  you don't take the skins job if any other team will hire you.  that's just reality.   

Archived