• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Bieniemy love?

AU-panther

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Okay, I just wasn't understanding your point on the recruiting coordinator, although I would definitely disagree that the coach with the "recruiting coordinator" title is more of a recruiter than a coach. That is not always the case.

I am not sure I agree on his resume being the worst. It's not a fantastic resume but not many of these candidates exactly have glowing resumes. I think at the moment it is just everyone's personal preferences. We are definitely seeing a lot of people get way, way, way too invested(or hate one far too much) in one of the available options. 

IMO, we are looking at a bunch of pretty similar options as far as quality. We will see what happens.

How often do you see a recruiting coordinator that is also the offense ore defense coordiatnot.  They are usually given position responsibilities that are less important.

Of OC, QB coach, Line coach, WR coach, TE coach, RB coach, which one do you think has less influence on the outcome of the offenses performance?

Whose resume is actually worse of the guys we are rumored to be interested in?

2 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

Sometimes you have to use satire and absurdity to make people realize how ridiculous their arguments are

You use absurdity to make people see how ridiculous their arguments are? 

The coaching tree concept is very real--it is far from "silly."  In Psychology, you have Freudian scholars and those who learned under Wundt, for example. Their UNDERSTUDIES and STUDENTS branched out, forming schools of thought like structuralism or functionalism.  These students  developed their own approaches to the brand of psychology based on the fundamental teachings of their professor. While there are millions of psychologists, there are only 5-7 schools of thought, each founded by one person and developed and flourished by the professors' understudies, students, and colleagues.  There is no plan or blue print--it is human nature.  But I can watch Cheers for 5 minutes and tell you that Frasier was a Freudian psychologist, even though his thoughts and actions were his own.  That is how it works.  Coaches have psychologies and philosophies and they have students and understudies.  If you like the coach and what he brings a team, you hire one of his understudies because he is molded by that ideology.

54 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Because he publicly stated he wants to work with Cam and many love Cam more than they love the Panthers.

Happens with every franchise. If u look at it without players your just rooting for an 80 year old rich guy with a colorful mascot. The players and the game bring life into the franchise/fandom.

Think of how many people who love Brady more than the actual "Patriots". And it gets even worse in the NBA because they are an even more STAR driven league. It is what it is.

4 minutes ago, BigSyke said:

Happens with every franchise. If u look at it without players your just rooting for an 80 year old rich guy with a colorful mascot. The players and the game bring life into the franchise/fandom.

Think of how many people who love Brady more than the actual "Patriots". And it gets even worse in the NBA because they are an even more STAR driven league. It is what it is.

I see it way more in the NBA and fans will outright tell you they bought a Lebron jersey simply because they like Lebron. But you have 53 men on an NFL roster and it’s impossible for one man to have as much an impact on the game as one on a team where only 5 men are on the floor. 

It’s not wrong to be a fan of a player. I’m just stating that there are plenty of Carolina fans that are only fans because of Cam and many folks can’t generate a rational thought as to why Bieniemy would be the best candidate for the job other than he really wants to work with Cam.

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

First of all I'm not saying Bieniemy might not turn out to be the best coach of the bunch, I'm just curious for those of you want him the most what are you basing it on?  Don't give me this "leader of men crap".  I doubt any of you have actually been a locker room with him so at this point it is hearsay.

Speaking of leading he has never been a head coach at any level.  

The majority of his coaching career has been as a running back coach.  There is a reason a lot of college teams put their recruiting coordinator in that position.

He only has 4 years as a coordinator.

Two in college that were terrible, like almost last in the country terrible.

Two in the pros with a great offensive coach who calls the plays.  Granted those two are recent and highly productive but how much of that is him and how much is Reid.

His resume is clearly the worst of any of the potential guys we are looking at.  So here again if you like him the most what are some tangible reasons?

With all of that being said I don't think a great HC has to be a great coordinator.  A HC's job is to put his other coaches and players in position to be successful.  Being a head coach is more like being a CEO.  Some HCs can be heavily involved on one side of the ball or other, such as Reid, but guys like Jimmy Johnson I think were more in the CEO role and  he did pretty good.

I think the interview process and the talking to people around him will be the most important part of evaluating Bieniemy, because lets be honest the resume is weak.

Lol...leader of men is valid when confirmed by the men...

Obviously a quality coach...let him strengthen his resume with the Panthers...I'm all in for Bieniemy 

3 hours ago, bobowilson said:

My cat could be successful with Mahomes, and it's not a particularly clever cat tbh

If we're just going to hire people associated with Andy Reid, why not go all out and hire Britt Reid (his son who is linebackers coach).  I mean people want to talk about coaching trees, you don't get much more rooted than being his son.  And Britt Reid doesn't have the history of failing as a college coordinator like Bienemy (whose team went 1-11 in the Pac-12).

Britt Reid for next Panthers head coach;  proximity to Andy Reid is the most important factor we should consider

https://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches-roster/britt-reid

BrittReid

Bc we have seen first hand that just bc your dad is a HOF HC, you are not going to succeed: Shula.

He seems like an offensive minded Rivera to be perfectly honest . I’m just not seeing what’s so attractive about him. I’m not convinced being an ex player is a good thing anyway. I feel like they want to do things the way it was “ back in my day “ instead of being progressive. Sound familiar ? 

Because he will break Cam's never-broken balls to an extent Cam will be forced to either q-u-i-t...

...or...

...elevate his game to a level never before seen in this area but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology...

...Bieniemy has a healthy dose of Smitty in him and that is exactly what Camolina needs!

57 minutes ago, punkpanther said:

He seems like an offensive minded Rivera to be perfectly honest . I’m just not seeing what’s so attractive about him. I’m not convinced being an ex player is a good thing anyway. I feel like they want to do things the way it was “ back in my day “ instead of being progressive. Sound familiar ? 

Expand your universe...

Archived