• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton exiting made up media story.. btw if you dont like the thread dont enter, I'm pieing for actual real thoughts

Matt62881

2 minutes ago, raz said:

you don't see how he won't be healthy.  i hope you understand that means absolutely zero.   it has no bearing on whether he will be healthy, and can stay that way.  most of us are concerned with his shoulder.   unfortunately like the coaching hire, we're all going to have to wait and see what the results are.   

Honestly I not that concerned about his shoulder the way he threw in the first two games this season. He didn't have a problem with zip he had a problem with his foot causingn accuracy issues

30 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I have never seen anything from the organization in an official channel that indicates anything about wanting to be rid of Cam.  By the same token, I haven't seen the organization come out and say "If healthy, Cam is our QB in 2020."  If they have, that's great news, because Cam has definitely indicated he wants to and expects to be back here in 2020.

I have seen lots of people quoting "sources" or "insiders".

It was never a case of wanting to get rid of Newton. Nobody wanted that.

It was, and may still be, a case of Newton wanting a commitment (via extension) that the team isn't willing to give.

They'd be fine with him playing out the final year of his contract, but Newton (or more specifically his representation) might not be.

So either Newton has to agree to play out a year with no guarantees (risky for him) or the Panthers have to agree to some sort of extension with guarantees (risky for them).

Basically, relationship status equals "it's complicated".

Characterizing that as "wanting to move on from him" is dumb, but that's where some have gone with it.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It was, and may still be, a case of Newton wanting a commitment (via extension) that the team isn't willing to give.

They'd be fine with him playing out the final year of his contract, but Newton (or more specifically his representation) might not be.

So either Newton has to agree to play out a year with no guarantees (risky for him) or the Panthers have to agree to some sort of extension with guarantees (risky for them).

Characterizing that as "wanting to move on from him" is dumb, but that's where some have gone with it.

a 3 year extension loaded with incentives isn't a bad deal for either side.

2 minutes ago, chknwing said:

a 3 year extension loaded with incentives isn't a bad deal for either side.

Depends on how you look at it.

It's asking an over 30 player with injury concerns to accept something that isn't guaranteed.

It might work as a compromise but it's hard to say.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Honestly in the end it's up to Cam and he himself has said I'm a panther they would have to boot me out, his reps aren't going to do anything cause he can fire them.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Depends on how you look at it.

It's asking an over 30 player with injury concerns to accept something that isn't guaranteed.

It might work as a compromise but it's hard to say.

I just feel he wants to be here bad and 30 isnt that old and surgeries get better every year. His cleanup fixed the shoulder I think and have you seen dude lately, hes shredded dude works out Hard hes a huge guy with 1% body fat I swear he outdoes TO even when he was trying to come back.

I promise you, the very second there is something substantial to report, one of these reporters will do just that. So far, it’s mostly chatter. I’m sure it will all clear up over the next few weeks, or at least by early spring. I don’t have an official prediction to share on this. I have no idea what they’re going to do. I have an opinion on what they should do. But even that’s not without strong considerations. It really is an interesting time right now.

Archived