• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton exiting made up media story.. btw if you dont like the thread dont enter, I'm pieing for actual real thoughts

Matt62881

For real was there ever talk from the Panthers about getting rid of him or was it all media. Think about it guys it makes a great story that they can turn into more story's. The media runs people's minds and dont think it doesnt...in reality I've heard from panther officials basically a healthy Cam is our qb. Cam is coming back with a giant boulder on his shoulder (not too big as to effect his shoulder health) but with boulder he will still throw 60 yd dimes. Mark this if you want to if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I dont think so. ....with #7 we take derrick brown the qb killer and run killer that can play it all...dude has game speed of a lb.

I have never seen anything from the organization in an official channel that indicates anything about wanting to be rid of Cam.  By the same token, I haven't seen the organization come out and say "If healthy, Cam is our QB in 2020."  If they have, that's great news, because Cam has definitely indicated he wants to and expects to be back here in 2020.

I have seen lots of people quoting "sources" or "insiders".

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I have never seen anything from the organization in an official channel that indicates anything about wanting to be rid of Cam.  By the same token, I haven't seen the organization come out and say "If healthy, Cam is our QB in 2020."  If they have, that's great news, because Cam has definitely indicated he wants to and expects to be back here in 2020.

I have seen lots of people quoting "sources" or "insiders".

I thought s pretty knowledgeable reporter said tepper said Cam was our qb if healthy. 

no one would reasonably expect to hear anything but a corporate line from the front office anyway, so it's a moot point. 

frankly i don't expect to hear anything concrete about cam's status until after the draft. tepper is smart enough to keep teams guessing on our QB knowing it could land us picks if some desperate team thinks we're about to land their guy.

2 minutes ago, emcannon said:

Everything is speculative at this point until there's more clarity on Cam's health, and we all know the media thrives on speculation.

But there is a time frame for a lisfranc surgery and they are good at micro surgery now, IE fully reattaching the tendon to the bone. I just dont see how he wont be healthy with a year off as well. We gave him time like luck but he ain't no luck, he loves football almost more then anything, he is the ultimate competitor, a Steve Smith just not as rough lol.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

But there is a time frame for a lisfranc surgery and they are good at micro surgery now, IE fully reattaching the tendon to the bone. I just dont see how he wont be healthy with a year off as well. We gave him time like luck but he ain't no luck, he loves football almost more then anything, he is the ultimate competitor, a Steve Smith just not as rough lol.

you don't see how he won't be healthy.  i hope you understand that means absolutely zero.   it has no bearing on whether he will be healthy, and can stay that way.  most of us are concerned with his shoulder.   unfortunately like the coaching hire, we're all going to have to wait and see what the results are.   

Archived