• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What could we get for CMC?

Reebis21

1 minute ago, Rags said:

You're. kind of proving my point here.

I'm not saying Tannehill is the future of the franchise for Tennessee. They still need an upgrade at QB and he can hold them back from winning a ship'.

That doesn't mean the centerpiece needs to be a QB. You just need one that's solid, and can run your system well. The Titans have a punishing run game behind Henry and a top level defense. They don't need a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton. 

What Henry is doing right now isn’t sustainable. Great to elite qb play is what gives you sustained success.

Just now, TheRed said:

How well did the years treat the Panthers after making double trouble two of the highest paid RB's in the league?

I think CMC is plenty capable of doing the type of things Henry is doing in the playoffs. We all know the talent he possesses. But McCaffrey is also not built like Henry. I mean the man is damn near Cam Newton at running back.

We were also paying - Jake Delhomme, Jon Beason, Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, Ryan Kalil. Just to name a few. It wasn't just the two halfbacks. It was poor team building.

McCaffery isn't Hnery. He's better. We're not gonna run a power run like Tennesee does, but we can totally get a run game with Cmc as the focus and win. But, again, good teambuilding  is needed. I've been banging the drumb to get a capable compliment to Cmc, as well as some WRs to capitalize when teams focus on Cmc and make them pay. This would make things easier for a QB that is smart, aware and accurate enough to succede without needing the skill sets of Cam, Tom, Drew, Aaron, etc. 

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

What Henry is doing right now isn’t sustainable. Great to elite qb play is what gives you sustained success.

Yes and no.

A great QB that can adapt to scheme changes and system changes is what will help you maintain stability.

What kept Tom Brady and Peyton Manning so high level is their football IQ and, in the case of the former, adapt to system changes that Bill kept changing up. 

Now I don't disagree, the running game isn't sustainable for any HB, but CMC isn't just a HB. Like I said on the first page, CMc would be a top 5 slot guy in the NFL still. He'll make any QBs life easier. 

It's harder to replace a talent like Christian (and Cam!), so I do think we should keep him, depending on how we build we can definitely win with him even if we pay him. However I also totally understand if top brass moves on from him as we are in a rebuild.

My entire point was - You can win with a running game as a focal point, and we're not gonna be in cap hell by paying soley him. 

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

We were also paying - Jake Delhomme, Jon Beason, Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, Ryan Kalil. Just to name a few. It wasn't just the two halfbacks. It was poor team building.

McCaffery isn't Hnery. He's better. We're not gonna run a power run like Tennesee does, but we can totally get a run game with Cmc as the focus and win. But, again, good teambuilding  is needed. I've been banging the drumb to get a capable compliment to Cmc, as well as some WRs to capitalize when teams focus on Cmc and make them pay. This would make things easier for a QB that is smart, aware and accurate enough to succede without needing the skill sets of Cam, Tom, Drew, Aaron, etc. 

Guys don't want to hear it because they've been busy celebrating records in a 5 win season, but the Panthers will be a significantly better NFL offense spreading the ball around more. That means not desperately force feeding McCaffrey but instead progressing to a dynamic run based offense with multiple players opening things up for each other.

We couldn't beat the Bucs at home with Cam, AND McCaffrey in the backfield with the end zone and the W right in front of us. Let's please stop comparing ourselves to the current Titans playoff team until proven otherwise.

8 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

If they had better qb play he wouldn’t be he would be a piece to the puzzle. What Henry is doing right now is historical. He’s literally breaking playoff records. 

You know there's a big, big area of middle ground between "Historical" and " Not a Piece of the Puzzle." 

Titans fans have known for the past two years how good Henry is.  He would definitely still be a part of this offense even if they had a top shelf QB and it's foolish to think otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Rags said:

Yes and no.

A great QB that can adapt to scheme changes and system changes is what will help you maintain stability.

What kept Tom Brady and Peyton Manning so high level is their football IQ and, in the case of the former, adapt to system changes that Bill kept changing up. 

Now I don't disagree, the running game isn't sustainable for any HB, but CMC isn't just a HB. Like I said on the first page, CMc would be a top 5 slot guy in the NFL still. He'll make any QBs life easier. 

It's harder to replace a talent like Christian (and Cam!), so I do think we should keep him, depending on how we build we can definitely win with him even if we pay him. However I also totally understand if top brass moves on from him as we are in a rebuild.

My entire point was - You can win with a running game as a focal point, and we're not gonna be in cap hell by paying soley him. 

And you don’t make a slot receiver the centerpiece. The problem with this is that we have so many holes on this team that building the team up will take years. Years off of prime cmc. We could get lucky and be quick but that’s rare as well. I’ve said before recently if cam doesn’t come back I’d sign Christian but if cam does come back perform at a high level and we resign him then I’d trade or let cmc walk. But now I’m starting to think we are in too deep with these roster holes. I doubt it happens. I’m sure panthers org is gonna resign him. But by the time we are ready to compete Christian won’t be the stud he is now. So hopefully they frontload the contract so we have an easy out down the road.

Emotionally I say no but logically if we're going to be 5 years from contending like some think it makes sense.   Think to yourself is CMC in 5 years going to be worth more than some great draft picks?    Age catches up quickly to RBs.   It's a hard pill to swallow but the right offer would make sense.

And those talking about tickets.... that doesn't matter.     The league has profit sharing when it comes to stuff, Tepper isn't here to make money, and BOA sells out with half the stadium the opposing teams' fans at times.    It's why Richardson never cared.

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

You know there's a big, big area of middle ground between "Historical" and " Not a Piece of the Puzzle." 

Titans fans have known for the past two years how good Henry is.  He would definitely still be a part of this offense even if they had a top shelf QB and it's foolish to think otherwise. 

What Henry is doing is not sustainable. He would be a piece to the puzzle. Meaning a strong run game. Titans are basically just running Henry into the ground. Tannehill threw 14 times against the ravens. 14 TIMES. 

11 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Guys don't want to hear it because they've been busy celebrating records in a 5 win season, but the Panthers will be a significantly better NFL offense spreading the ball around more. That means not desperately force feeding McCaffrey but instead progressing to a dynamic run based offense with multiple players opening things up for each other.

We couldn't beat the Bucs at home with Cam, AND McCaffrey in the backfield with the end zone and the W right in front of us. Let's please stop comparing ourselves to the current Titans playoff team until proven otherwise.

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

What Henry is doing is not sustainable. He would be a piece to the puzzle. Meaning a strong run game. Titans are basically just running Henry into the ground. Tannehill threw 14 times against the ravens. 14 TIMES. 

Okay since. Both of you keep moving the sticks and ignoring the parts where I agree with both of your arguments (Red, I said we need better team building and Rum, I've said solely pounding the rock is not sustainable and they need better QB play,)

Let's play a hypothetical.

Let's say you have a team, your QB is Prime Andy Dalton, Prime A.J. Green, and Prime CMac.

Who's the focal point of that offense? Is it still Dalton just because you have competent QB play?

And before you say "Dalton is a bum" this Bum helped lead his team to 5 straight playoff appearances.  And no, not all of the losses were on him.

Cmac would still be the focal point of that offense. Even if he wouldn't be a record breaker, his talent is still undeniable. Teams are forced to adjust to it. This would make Dalton better. This would make Green better. Everyone in the fuging league knows what Cmac can do to you.

Don't like the Cmac usage there? Let's change the HB to Adrian Peterson, a HB that took elite care of his body to still be able to produce at a consistent level.

A focal point of an offense isn't always your QB.

Archived