• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hollis Thomas doing better than Kemoeatu?

Vagrant

Dunno, but I do know our line is playing much better with him in there, than our options before.

Kemo most likely won't be able to play in the NFL again, considering his injury.

why do people keep saying that? he didnt get his leg chopped off or anything. people come back from those injuries all the time. i think the better question is will we need him anymore and i dont know. i think both kemo and hollis wont be here.

why do people keep saying that? he didnt get his leg chopped off or anything. people come back from those injuries all the time. i think the better question is will we need him anymore and i dont know. i think both kemo and hollis wont be here.
Achillies (sp?) injury to a 350lb + DT.

Yeah, players such as him come back from injuries all the time.

Unless you going to back up that opinion with facts, I suggest you stop talking out of your ass.

I can see Hollis remaining here. He seems to like it here a lot.

Achillies (sp?) injury to a 350lb + DT.

Yeah, players such as him come back from injuries all the time.

Unless you going to back up that opinion with facts, I suggest you stop talking out of your ass.

I can see Hollis remaining here. He seems to like it here a lot.

so you show me your facts backing up your point 1st and then maybe i will look for mine. i do know people come back from Achilles tears some as i have heard of people doing so. I never heard anyone say it would be carreer ending other than people on this board with no medical knowledge like myself and you. so we dont really know do we. do you really want to tell me im talking out of my ass for not agreeing with you? as for hollis i like him and think he is filling in well, i just feel like he has a short life span left and i dont know if he will make it the whole season much less 2. i believe with no cap next year we can find someone younger that can be used. It is no knock on hollis at all its just he is beat up at this stage of his career. and i have no facts to back that up im just talking out of my ass again. thats the thang about me i like to talk football and i dont always run for facts on things but i have a pretty good handle on things and like to make comments. i will now start asking you for facts for everything you say i hope you are prepared.

that's a good play, but maake's problem has always been lack of penetration. he clogs running lanes and takes up two blockers, and he's definitely no slouch because of it... but Meeks' system needs a DT that can get pressure, collapse the pocket. Maake couldn't do that. Hollis Thomas can - and does.

I don't really see how Thomas has that much more penetration than Maake. He's gotten a little more, but I think opinion of him has been skewed because of the horrible play from our DTs before he got here. The 1st TD against the Bills happened because Thomas got blown off the line.

Every defensive scheme needs pressure from the DTs. There are very few 350 lb guys that can do that(Haynesworth and Jenkins are the only ones that immediately come to mind).

Thomas is a great player, you don't get 14 years in the NFL without being one, but I just think the mancrush everyone has for him right now is just a little bit inflated.

When healthy, Thomas is better than Kemo. But Thomas hasn't finished a season in years, while Kemo was pretty reliable up until this year. Both of them are nearing the end of their careers. I think Kemo would have had a few good years left but his Achilles tendon will be weaker than before and it's the type of thing that could become a chronic problem for someone his size. Not saying it will, but when you look at the potential and factor in his age, it's reasonable to place his return as iffy.

Thomas may play another season, but wait until he finishes this one first. If he's still playing in December I'll be thrilled.

Tyler and Leanard are the future at the NT position. I love having Thomas here, he's the kind of vet that the kids can learn from, not just from a playing perspective but also from an attitude one.

Then you have the Undertackle position, currently manned by Lewis and backed up by Hayden. Next year Lewis may be back, but I suspect Irvin will take over for him eventually there. And don't be too hard on Hayden, even Warren Sapp sucked when he had to move to the NT position from UT. Hayden may never be a starter, but he's a quality backup at the UT position and still has room to improve.

Archived