• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Thuney

Jared Patterson

Why has there not been a lot of buzz on signing Joe Thuney? He just turned 27, Is local (Went to NC State) and we legit don't even have a LG on the roster. He is an absolute stud and has perennially been a top 5 LG in football, including second team all pro last year. He would be cheaper than the top level tackles and we already drafted Little, with this year being an even better tackle class in the draft. This would fill a massive whole with a stud. This needs to be discussed more!

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Pats OL don’t do very well with other teams, and they all get hugely overpaid. Scarnecchia is a damn genius and the best OL coach ever. Unless he comes with Thuney then no thanks.

Can we pay Joe Thuney a bonus to kidnap Scarnecchia and bring him with ? Any of your contract/salary cap gurus know the rules on this?

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There is no salary caps on anything other than players. You can pay coaches whatever you want. But, the Pats can block him from making a lateral move if he's currently under contract.

But can they block Thuney from giving him a roofie and stuffing him in his trunk before he drives down from Boston? I feel like there's a potential loophole here.

4 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Thuney can play and he’s a true pro. He is going to want to get paid though as this is his first crack at free agency. I don’t think huge free agent contracts are in our plans.

This might be my present oline bias talking, but I feel like if we're gonna spend FA money in bunches anywhere, it might be the o line, to protect either Cam in a contract year, or rookie x that we draft this spring.

7 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

This might be my present oline bias talking, but I feel like if we're gonna spend FA money in bunches anywhere, it might be the o line, to protect either Cam in a contract year, or rookie x that we draft this spring.

Yeah they are going to have to get serious about the O line at some point. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. With Ron gone I believe that will be the case. He didn’t give two shits about the o line.

1 minute ago, Panthera onca said:

Yeah they are going to have to get serious about the O line at some point. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. With Ron gone I believe that will be the case. He didn’t give two shits about the o line.

Not to mention we've got a pretty decent running back. You might wanna put some decent blockers in front of that guy too.

Archived