• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marshall Faulk admits Christian McCaffrey is better than him

MurkN

32 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Agree to a point.  That RB got them to the dance, and likely extended that coaches expiration date at least another year.

The NFL is heading toward playmakers, be it TE, WR, RB, etc....playmakers are what's needed, and what was sorely needed in Cam's early years.

I was listening to something this morning about the speed on the field  between the SB teams, KC and SF both had the 1st and 2nd fastest playmakers in the NFL as a whole.  Something to ponder.

I get what you're saying, but I guess I see the "dance" as securing a Super Bowl appearance. Ultimately the Titans needed just a little more dynamic ability behind center to get them past the best. Tannehill did a commendable job helping navigate them along the way but he was not going to outduel Mahomes. Meanwhile the Chiefs are starting who at running back again? Remember when they cut the best back in the NFL at the time in Kareem Hunt? Also worth mentioning Henry will be hitting free agency this year and will surely command a hefty contract.

As far as the Panthers go, knowing how the playoffs unfolded and watching the speed in those offenses go to work, I would be perfectly fine adding Jeudy to this offense if he is available at our pick.

33 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I get what you're saying, but I guess I see the "dance" as securing a Super Bowl appearance. Ultimately the Titans needed just a little more dynamic ability behind center to get them past the best. Tannehill did a commendable job helping navigate them along the way but he was not going to outduel Mahomes. Meanwhile the Chiefs are starting who at running back again? Remember when they cut the best back in the NFL at the time in Kareem Hunt? Also worth mentioning Henry will be hitting free agency this year and will surely command a hefty contract.

As far as the Panthers go, knowing how the playoffs unfolded and watching the speed in those offenses go to work, I would be perfectly fine adding Jeudy to this offense if he is available at our pick.

The dance is the playoffs, the more often you get there the better chance of going to the Super Bowl...it's why I have always wanted a consistent winning team, maybe not the best, but if you win 9-11 games consistently, you will make it to the SB.

I'm not advocating for paying CMC at this juncture, please don't misconstrue my comments, but I totally understand why ownership would want to do this.

As for Jeudy, I'm sold on him as a WR, I'm 100% against taking him unless the T's don't grade out to immediate starters, or the top DT is gone.  I don't care to have the best WR duo in the NFL if the QB cannot stay upright, and we can't stop the run.

17 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

As for Jeudy, I'm sold on him as a WR, I'm 100% against taking him unless the T's don't grade out to immediate starters, or the top DT is gone.  I don't care to have the best WR duo in the NFL if the QB cannot stay upright, and we can't stop the run.

I understand your frustration with the OL. But I just don't see that unit doing a full turnaround in less than a few seasons. Look at how long we've struggled to upgrade the offensive line, we're a decade in and what do we have to show for our efforts? Our attempts in free agency have not gone well to say the least. In the meantime even with the OL circumstances and rebuilding the defense I feel with a competent QB we could still be competitive in our division at the very least with CMC, Moore, Samuel, and the addition of Jeudy. That's why we went out and hired an offensive coordinator like Joe Brady who can tailor the offense to the players instead of another year of trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I understand your frustration with the OL. But I just don't see that unit doing a full turnaround in less than a few seasons. Look at how long we've struggled to upgrade the offensive line, we're a decade in and what do we have to show for our efforts? Our attempts in free agency have not gone well to say the least. In the meantime even with the OL circumstances and rebuilding the defense I feel with a competent QB we could still be competitive in our division at the very least with CMC, Moore, Samuel, and the addition of Jeudy. That's why we went out and hired an offensive coordinator like Joe Brady who can tailor the offense to the players instead of another year of trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

We have Marty Hurney in charge who has never figured out D or O line in his entire tenure....ever.  Our best O Line was the year we went to the SB, and we paid Turner, but he got lazy, Kalil got old, Norwell walked, Oher had a career ending concussion...  Then we neglected the interior O line over the past 3 drafts.

We cannot be competitive in this division for some time, I know you and most here want to see the sunlight, but it's full on darkness right now.  Even if Cam comes back healthy (HUGE ?), wants to play under a 1 year deal (another ?), he still will get the poo kicked out of him, and would likely go down again with this O Line.

Build the thing like the 9ers built their D line, I don't care if it takes 3 drafts, this team has foolishly ignored the O line for far too long.

What was LSU's O Line rating this past season?

53 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I admire Marshall Faulk’s modesty, but I don’t think CMC is better than him.

Easy to forget the kind of numbers Faulk has on his resume considering he hasn't played since 2005.

12 seasons, 100 rushing touchdowns. 5 of those seasons with minimum 10 touchdowns. That's a hall of famer.

For additional context, Cam Newton has 72 rushing touchdowns in 8 seasons. That's insane.

13 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

I think there's going to be a lot less focus on stats and force feeding CMC in the coming years,  and more on spreading the ball around to win games. 

He's gotta be sick and tired of losing at this point. I'm willing to bet he'd be more than happy to take a big hit statistically if it meant we get a deep playoff run. 

I think he will get less touches but I believe his yards per touch will increase drastically landing him with similar stats because he wont be as focused on. DJ Moore will help take the pressure off, with a better center his yds per carry go up, and I can see him catching a few more 20yd balls or so.

Archived