• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(NFL News) Dak Prescott Turns Down $33 Million Annually

Mr Mojo Risin

11 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

The Panthers never brought in Ginn Jr to be a perimeter receiver. 

There, I blew up your entire arguement with once true statement. 

Go away. 

Where

Are

The

Facts

???

You keep rambling on and on about facts yet all you've provided is an opinion. I dont care to argue about the current topic of Ted Ginn Jr. but if there's anyone who is running their mouth about nonsense it is most definitely you bud.

You said he wasn't brought in to play perimeter WR. That statement is false. Whether he is the 1,2,3, or 4th guy on the depth chart he was brought in to play...perimeter WR. So again you are still wrong

It would take a teacher starting at $35,000 (average in Florida) 943 years to make what he just turned down in one year. So the teacher who, at the youngest starting would be 21, work for 60ish years until 81, die, be reborn, teach again for another 60 years, and have to repeat that cycle for essentially 16 times just to make that annual amount; all to throw an oval around and being the 6th (ish) best quarterback in the league.

He would be making $90,410 per day. But instead he’s going to butt fug their salary cap and, bash me if you want, be a greedy poo for a trivial amount of money. What, he can’t afford his 50th Lamborghini? If it’s not about need then it’s about wanting to be paid more than someone else? Then that’s being petty. I get it but at what point can we call players out? 

On 2/7/2020 at 3:11 PM, CBDellinger said:

It might seem like a lot of money but he plays qb for THE MOST VALUABLE SPORTS FRANCHISE IN THE WORLD!

33 mil... yeah... pay that man.

You do realize it is the salary cap and not the franchise value that is what’s important.

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

Go look at combine numbers. I’ll bet that Olsen was better than all of them. He was a 1st round pick. That doesn’t happen unless you’re considered an exceptional TE prospect.

Kelce is in his prime now. He’s averaged 12.2 to 13.2 ypr in his last 6 years and has a long of 80, but most years his long is in the 40s.

Graham had 5 top seasons and averaged 10.5 to 14.2 ypr. He had a long of 74 and was usually in the 50s.

Gronkowski had 5 big years and averaged 13.7 to 16.3 ypr. Way more than I thought but he did tend to bowl over/carry people to get yac. He had a long of 76 and was in the 40s and low 50s the other years.

Olsen had 6 healthy years with Cam. He averaged 11.2 to 14.3 ypr and had a long of 78 and averaged a long in the 40s the other 5 years.

In the 40 times I found, Olsen ran 4.51, Graham 4.56, Kelce 4.63 (pro day, usually faster than combine), Gronkowski 4.68 (pro day).

There’s no need to down play Olsen. He was a top athlete at the TE position. He didn’t have Gronk’s power running style but he wasn’t a slow possession TE. Being the top 3rd down target doesn’t mean you’re slow.

So you've watched Greg Olsen for the past 8 years and you think he's faster than Gronk, Kelce and Graham? Like even remotely? Dude stop. I don't care about a combine 40 time when it doesn't translate. Greg also bench pressed the same as Gronk (23) reps. I guess he was just as strong too huh?

And a 4.51 is faster than Cam, Russell, Mariota and Watson - not to mention Jerry friggin Rice. I guess Greg had better speed than all of them too. 

Some players have better game speed than combine speed and vice versa. 

3 hours ago, Navy_football said:

So you've watched Greg Olsen for the past 8 years and you think he's faster than Gronk, Kelce and Graham? Like even remotely? Dude stop. I don't care about a combine 40 time when it doesn't translate. Greg also bench pressed the same as Gronk (23) reps. I guess he was just as strong too huh?

And a 4.51 is faster than Cam, Russell, Mariota and Watson - not to mention Jerry friggin Rice. I guess Greg had better speed than all of them too. 

Some players have better game speed than combine speed and vice versa. 

I know he’s been hurt the past three years so maybe you don’t remember him at all. Stats appear to show that he’s plenty fast. Gronkowski isn’t fast, he was a bull in a china shop. All I know was Greg during his 3 straight 1000 yard seasons wasn’t slow at all. You can try to poo on his combine numbers but 4.51 for a TE is plenty fast. Anyway, in 2015, he averaged 14.3 ypr which is better than only Gronkowski. You don’t average that as a slow possession TE.  Olsen was not Witten who ran a 4.65 and never averaged over 11.9 ypr.

No need to continue as you are just trying to downplay a TE who had a great 3 year stretch with Cam only having KB, Funchess and Ginn as other threats.

Archived