• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Cam Newton is believed to be healthier

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yes.  He doesnt fit into the long range plans.  Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.  They want to start fresh.  They are getting contracts off the books to start anew. 

I could see where you're coming from if we could get a nice return for Cam to help build for the future .. but nobody is going to give us much for Cam coming off delicate Lisfranc surgery.

We're better off keeping Cam for 20 million to see if he can return to form, and if he does, build around Cam for the next 5 years. You are lost.

1 minute ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

I could see where you're coming from if we could get a nice return for Cam to help build for the future .. but nobody is going to give us much for Cam coming off delicate Lisfranc surgery.

We're better off keeping Cam for 20 million to see if he can return to form, and if he does, build around Cam for the next 5 years. You are lost.

So you went from you can understand to you are lost? You realize the team could choose to suck in 2020 and save that 20 million, roll it over, draft TL and win in 2021 right? Cam next year is 32, he will be 36 in 5 years. He lasts 3 more years at best. Average passer who is a amazing dual threat qb

4 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Sweet Christ you are dense.  They are not going to build a franchise from the ground up on a perpetually injured qb no matter what he costs.  They are not going to play him this year and then turn around and give him a mega deal.  If they let him walk then thats one year wasted of the process.  Right or wrong they (Rhule and tepper) are starting completely over.  Why the hell you cannot see this when literally everyone is saying he is gone is beyond me.  You are either mildly retarded or a troll.

Cam is a 59% completion thrower and is 71-59 career.  He is good but he aint what you are making him out to be.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Sweet Christ you are dense.  They are not going to build a franchise from the ground up on a perpetually injured qb no matter what he costs.  They are not going to play him this year and then turn around and give him a mega deal.  If they let him walk then thats one year wasted of the process.  Right or wrong they (Rhule and tepper) are starting completely over.  Why the hell you cannot see this when literally everyone is saying he is gone is beyond me.  You are either mildly retarded or a troll.

We still have Marty Hurney right? We are not starting completely over.

16 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Which is why no team is going to want to trade for him. And if a team does want to trade for him, it will be for almost nothing.

So you would take almost nothing over Cam for 20 million?

Bro we just hired a whole new staff. We lost Luke and got rid of Olsen. If you can't see the writing on the wall by now I can't help you. Rhule made it clear this will be a rebuilding process. It's what he does, look at Temple/Baylor he rebuilt those programs from the ground up.

You telling me a 31 year old Cam Newton with questionable health is going to be his franchise QB moving forward?

Embrace the rebuild, it's coming.

Just now, Real1zOnly said:

Bro we just hired a whole new staff. We lost Luke and got rid of Olsen. If you can't see the writing on the wall by now I can't help you. Rhule made it clear this will be a rebuilding process. It's what he does, look at Temple/Baylor he rebuilt those programs from the ground up.

You telling me a 31 year old Cam Newton with questionable health is going to be his franchise QB moving forward?

Embrace the rebuild, it's coming.

and, as you are forgetting, Tepper made a very specific comment about not having an albatross of a contract for his qb.

Tepper is smart and knows the value of winning with a qb on his rookie deal.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and, as you are forgetting, Tepper made a very specific comment about not having an albatross of a contract for his qb.

Lol you turd sandwich Cam Newton’s current cap hit is literally nothing what does that have to do with anything??

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Im trying to figure out how keeping Cam for 1 more year makes sense to fans?

We keep him win just enough games to get us out of the top 5 in the draft. Another year wasted on a top QB for the rebuild. Now we have to decide to pay a 32 year old QB with questionable health a big contract. It doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

Tepper is smart, he's not going to invest franchise money on a QB who may or may not be healthy during that deal. It's common sense really. Fans don't think like this though...

Archived