• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I really like the path of this team..

WOW!!

I think this team is 2 players and another year of development away from really being a competitive every year playoff team...

They fight every night and rarely get blown out by even the top teams in the league... 

NO STAR PLAYER OR INTERIOR DEFENDER and Rebounder... Still in every game..

Kucp is a talent evaluators supreme.  The value he gets in the 1st and 2nd round picks are incredible  ..

Lastly I love how  Borrego coaches and develop this team... They run some really good offensive sets,  They take advantage of mismatches when they can catch some.. He let's them run and go.  And lately they have been playing some really good defense...

I'm finding no reason not to be excited about this team now and in the future..

unfortunately the "No Star Player" trait that you like about the team - is our biggest problem..

to be playoff contender - you need 1
to be a conference contender - you need 2
to be finals contender - you need 2 + help

if we can somehow find One Star in the draft OR manage to trade for one - it will dramatically alter the roster we currently have.. but i understand where you are coming from and share your optimism.. Kup has a good eye and hasn't done and stupid, short-sighted deals.. we are poised to have a bunch of cap and a few good draft picks coming up.. gotta flex those into the right player or 2.. we have a lot of good filler to put around whoever that is.. unfortunately, i dont see that player on our current roster

And they definitely aren't coming from this FA class this year:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-free-agency-top-30-players-in-next-years-class-led-by-anthony-davis-demar-derozan-brandon-ingram/

9 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

unfortunately the "No Star Player" trait that you like about the team - is our biggest problem..

to be playoff contender - you need 1
to be a conference contender - you need 2
to be finals contender - you need 2 + help

if we can somehow find One Star in the draft OR manage to trade for one - it will dramatically alter the roster we currently have.. but i understand where you are coming from and share your optimism.. Kup has a good eye and hasn't done and stupid, short-sighted deals.. we are poised to have a bunch of cap and a few good draft picks coming up.. gotta flex those into the right player or 2.. we have a lot of good filler to put around whoever that is.. unfortunately, i dont see that player on our current roster

And they definitely aren't coming from this FA class this year:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-free-agency-top-30-players-in-next-years-class-led-by-anthony-davis-demar-derozan-brandon-ingram/

I didn't say anything about having no stars being a plus or something I like... I think the team is 2 players away from really competing for playoffs (a star scoring wing and big rim defender and Rebounder)..

15 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I didn't say anything about having no stars being a plus or something I like... I think the team is 2 players away from really competing for playoffs (a star scoring wing and big rim defender and Rebounder)..

Thread title: "I really like the path of this team"
Thread post: "NO STAR PLAYER OR INTERIOR DEFENDER and Rebounder... Still in every game.."

I am not trying to pick a fight - im just saying i agree we are 1-2 stars away from honestly competing.. the looking on the "bright-side" that we are competitive without any stars is fine by itself but that will all change when/if we get some star power because the team makeup with be drastically different.. but nice to know we got guys who can compete and have grit

I think we are saying the same thing just different wording..

In the next year or two we'll be moving into the next phase of building the team. I was reading about the Nets and them firing their coach last night and it made me worried about our team in the future. The Nets built up their team with developing guys and taking cast offs and being scrappy and having a fire to them. Then they are able to get Kyrie and Durant and now the coach is out and the team is about the stars. The ethos of the team has changed. Similar thing with the Clippers this year. My personal concern is us getting to the star player point and nabbing a FA who comes in with their own ideas and goals and changes up the rest of the team because of it. Personally I don't think thats fun. Plenty of people disagree with that and are happy to have a Lebron or Leonard come in and basically run the show. It leads to Championships.

However, I'm really hoping we can find a star in the draft somehow. I don't want to see the core of guys here now who are grinding just become boats lost at sea with a big FA splash. My hope is we can draft/develop a star who can buy in with our current core and grind the same way. It's more fun to watch in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, ECUPantherFan said:

For a franchise that has historically drafted terribly, the Hornets have quietly had a pretty good last couple drafts.  

Devonte Graham, Miles Bridges, and PJ Washington are 3 guys that you can build with.

"Guys you can build with" - agree..
Problem is we just need a guy you can build around...

2019: #12 - PJ
2018: #12 - Bridges, #34 - Graham
^^ those are good to great value picks right there

we just need a knockout pick.. a Harden or Kawhi mid-first pick..
i believe Mitch can do it..

2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

"Guys you can build with" - agree..
Problem is we just need a guy you can build around...

2019: #12 - PJ
2018: #12 - Bridges, #34 - Graham
^^ those are good to great value picks right there

we just need a knockout pick.. a Harden or Kawhi mid-first pick..
i believe Mitch can do it..

Mitch has done an amazing job.  Just keep him happy and good times are coming

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, WOW!! said:

I think this team is 2 players and another year of development away from really being a competitive every year playoff team...

They fight every night and rarely get blown out by even the top teams in the league... 

NO STAR PLAYER OR INTERIOR DEFENDER and Rebounder... Still in every game..

Kucp is a talent evaluators supreme.  The value he gets in the 1st and 2nd round picks are incredible  ..

Lastly I love how  Borrego coaches and develop this team... They run some really good offensive sets,  They take advantage of mismatches when they can catch some.. He let's them run and go.  And lately they have been playing some really good defense...

I'm finding no reason not to be excited about this team now and in the future..

I started to think we are going to have a ton of cap room this year and even more next year. Do you think we should go after a decent FA this year or continue our youth growth path? 

We will most likely be lottery again next year or close to end of the playoffs if our young guys continue to develop. Add in a good draft pick and one good FA and we will most likely see the 7-8th seed. Do we go for that? Or do we look for one more year before signing FAs in the $15m-$20m range? 

This years FA class is gawd awful.. only a few players that could help.. most will chase rings - so that eliminates us.. plus - you can't count on any or the restricted FAs or guys with player options to move.. better to wait til next year when we have a stack of cash to go after someone - cus thats what it will take to get someone to come her.

6 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

wait what GIF

Monk avg 17ppg in his last 13 games since getting more min. Kid can play. He just need to improve his game a little more and be more consistent. He’ll be a really nice 6th man. 

Archived