• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stock Market seems volatile

I made a significant amount on UAL, took the profits before they dropped again, then sunk it into Exxon.  Its down a litte right now, but I expect it to go up within a year or two.  In the meantime, they pay a nice dividend.  Also bought a company called Mitek, but I am beginning to think that one wasn't a wise purchase.   

14 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Cha-ching great day.

Carnival up 40%

Ford up 5% today for total gain 58%

Duke up 2 % for total gain of 16%

Walgreens up 6.7% for total 15% 

Still have

kmi down 13 %

Wfc down 8%

Can't complain though 

hope you sold all that yesterday lol

On 11/9/2020 at 9:17 PM, Squirrel said:

Cha-ching great day.

Carnival up 40%

Ford up 5% today for total gain 58%

Duke up 2 % for total gain of 16%

Walgreens up 6.7% for total 15% 

Still have

kmi down 13 %

Wfc down 8%

Can't complain though 

Wfc up 31%

Walgreens up 38%

Sold ford at 70% gain 

Need to find another stock invest in. 

• Pie 1
15 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Sold all my Exxon stock this week, made a decent profit overall.  Haven't decided what to get into next.  

Green energy stocks and EV plays. 

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

Green energy stocks and EV plays. 

I don't tend to buy types of stocks, (green, oil, financial etc...).  I look at specific companies.  Are they under valued, over valued, well managed, poorly managed etc...  I bought UAL at 20 or so per share, sold it at 41.  Bought Exxon at 35-40 per share, sold it at 44.  Bought both because I felt they were undervalued and would eventually bounce back.  Sold them when I made some money and didn't want to stick around for the long haul.  I would consider buying green stocks, if I find the right company.  But I may hold off on buying anything for a while.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• BELIEVE!!!

ErI0DaDWMAAFjbG.jpg

• Topics

• Brian Burns.  I bought his jersey after the season. He's an absolute stud.  
    • It would be interesting to hear his reason for keeping Hurney and Rivera too long. He doesn’t strike me as someone who is scared to take a big leap (like immediately firing and hiring a coach/GM combo). Which means he either mismanaged the situation or kept them longer intentionally to learn the process before making the leap. 
    • The Carolina Panthers media recently spoke to owner David Tepper about his recent hire of Scott Fitterer in the role of Panthers GM.  Here is a breakdown of what was said and my opinion of what is happening between the lines.  - Tepper confirmed he spoke to 12 outside candidates and 2 internal candidates. He confirmed what I had posted last week, these interviews were as much about him learning what he wanted in a GM as much as learning about the GM candidates.   - Scott Fitterer is regarded as excellent evaluator, something Marty Hurney himself recently has said he was not.  - Fitterer has experience in draft room for Seattle. Tepper put emphasis on Seattle's luck in drafting later rounds and would like to see the Carolina Panthers improve in this area. (amen) - Fitterer has experience with salary cap strategy in Seattle.  - Tepper likes Seattle's flat organizational style, meaning fewer levels of management and more direct information flow. Less supervision and more delegation to employees to do their jobs.  - Tepper mentioned Seattle has the second best record over past several years next to New England. He adds without prompting "It doesn't hurt to have a QB that can take you there" which can easily be seen as him not being satisfied with the current QB situation. - Tepper mentioned he likes a GM that will challenge the coaching staff. Fitterer certainly has the credentials to do so.    At the end of the interview, Tepper reflected on his first seasons here and confirmed what many of us had suspected. He screwed the pooch. I imagine what he is referring to mostly here is keeping Rivera for a season too long and even worse keeping Hurney two seasons too long. That is precious wasted time.  The good news here is that Tepper recognizes his own misgivings. Not every owner would own up to it, most would not. Tepper concludes by saying he hopes the Rhule and Fitterer hiring are among his best when all is said and done. 
    • Go to YouTube...search "BKFC"....start with best knockouts.