• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The reality is that those are financial decisions. If it's wrong, they've wasted a bunch of time, money, and other resources. In this situation, they're probably getting enough financial backing to make it worth their while regardless.

Easily getting the backing and winning the lottery if they are right

• Pie 1

Basically, I interpret my results as I likely had it and now my antibodies are fading to the point that I'm likely now able to be reinfected or that I'll soon be to that point. In all likelihood, all the lockdown did for me personally was cost me my job and kept me isolating long enough to have my resistance to the virus dissipate. Fuging awesome.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Basically, I interpret my results as I likely had it and now my antibodies are fading to the point that I'm likely now able to be reinfected or that I'll soon be to that point. In all likelihood, all the lockdown did for me personally was cost me my job and kept me isolating long enough to have my resistance to the virus dissipate. Fuging awesome.

fading antibodies?

10 minutes ago, stirs said:

fading antibodies?

Yeah, for lots of viruses infection doesn't necessarily equal immunity. You have antibodies that provide resistance for a period of time, but they don't last forever.

Here's the explanation of my test results per my test results:

BORDERLINE. Borderline results show that the test detected some IgM antibodies. The level of antibodies found are below the level used to indicate positive results. These results may indicate a very early infection or cross reactivity.

So, basically I either had it long enough ago for my antibodies to drop below the threshold (I think I had it in mid-late January) or it's a false positive. My wife took the test the same day but her results haven't come in yet. Curious to see hers. If hers are borderline as well, I'll follow up to try to get more details.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, for lots of viruses infection doesn't necessarily equal immunity. You have antibodies that provide resistance for a period of time, but they don't last forever.

Here's the explanation of my test results per my test results:

BORDERLINE. Borderline results show that the test detected some IgM antibodies. The level of antibodies found are below the level used to indicate positive results. These results may indicate a very early infection or cross reactivity.

So, basically I either had it long enough ago for my antibodies to drop below the threshold (I think I had it in mid-late January) or it's a false positive. My wife took the test the same day but her results haven't come in yet. Curious to see hers. If hers are borderline as well, I'll follow up to try to get more details.

I thought I read that a result like that meant it could have been a former, similar SARS type virus or the real thing.  It meant you had something, but not necessarily Covid 19.  Could be wrong as there are so many "ifs" out there now cause it is too early for anything to be definitive

11 minutes ago, stirs said:

I thought I read that a result like that meant it could have been a former, similar SARS type virus or the real thing.  It meant you had something, but not necessarily Covid 19.  Could be wrong as there are so many "ifs" out there now cause it is too early for anything to be definitive

Yeah, there's a chance it could be due to similar antibodies from some other flu/cold bug. That's why I'm curious to see how my wife's results come back. If hers come back definitive one way or the other then I'll assume I'm in the same both since we had the same bug back in mid-late January. If hers come back borderline as well then I'll follow up to see exactly what the results were. Were we just shy of the threshold and basically deemed not a positive result by technicality or were we off by a mile?

Read back a few pages and totally agree with the sentiments regarding stay at home.  When and why did we move the goalposts from flatten the curve to minimize death at all costs?  Is it because we are in an election year? I hate to be cynical but I feel like it's politician CYA time and they are playing a game that has a very high costs. 

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, there's a chance it could be due to similar antibodies from some other flu/cold bug. That's why I'm curious to see how my wife's results come back. If hers come back definitive one way or the other then I'll assume I'm in the same both since we had the same bug back in mid-late January. If hers come back borderline as well then I'll follow up to see exactly what the results were. Were we just shy of the threshold and basically deemed not a positive result by technicality or were we off by a mile?

I plan on getting this test this week.  I came back from Florida mid-February and developed a nasty cough that lasted for about 3 weeks but no other symptoms.  Did you just pay out of pocket at a private lab?

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

I plan on getting this test this week.  I came back from Florida mid-February and developed a nasty cough that lasted for about 3 weeks but no other symptoms.  Did you just pay out of pocket at a private lab?

I paid out of pocket at National Jewish Hospital down in Denver. They developed their own test. They're one of the top respiratory hospitals in the nation.

26 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Same, I thought I had bronchitis for a couple of weeks.

If I had this poo, I was probably a super spreader. I traveled a poo ton in Q1 and I had COVID-like symptoms during much of the travel. All over the Seattle area in mid-January (where I think I picked it up), Spokane, all over Arizona (Phoenix area, Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott), all over Colorado, North Carolina, Florida, Dallas area, Costa Rica. I didn't suspect COVID until well after I was fully recovered. While I had symptoms, the protocols were that you weren't suspected of having COVID unless you had traveled to an area with confirmed outbreak. At the time, when I had traveled to Seattle that was prior to their confirmed outbreak.