• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zero reason to postpone the draft

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Spread facts not fear. Death rate is still extremely low and when all is said and done the numbers will likely be lower than other viruses out there, that are still killing more people currently by the way. 

People throw numbers out there like look at how many people are dying. People die everyday and you people act like the world is coming to an end. 

Not true! No one's acting like the world is ending. What I have said is that we don't know all the facts about Covid-19. That's true. What I have also suggested is that we follow the health experts' guidelines. It's as simple as that! 

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Let me direct you to a post I made in the other thread. 

It's always wise to have a healthy sense of skepticism and a cool head during these media freak outs. We've seen enough of them over the past few decades to have the experience to know to take everything with a grain of salt. There is not a great conspiracy to misinform the public but modern media operates on a 24/7 news cycle which does not involve very much in the way of thoughtful or deep research in to most subjects. They are spraying information and speculation across the airwaves(or internet) as it becomes available because that is what the industry evolved to be. They just report and they rarely, if ever, do much in the way of real analysis. That's largely because that takes time and more information to draw real conclusions. That doesn't fit in an instant gratification news cycle. 

If you just take a little deeper look at WHO, CDC or almost any legitimate scientific reporting source you will see some pretty clear trends in that preliminary statistics and some pretty clear similarities to other coronaviruses(of which there are hundreds of known varieties). Just that basic information should give a pretty basic idea of generally what to expect(within a wide range of severity). There is no reason to freak out. There is plenty of reason to use caution. That's basically it. People just need to calm down and think logically. If you are in a high risk demographic, you should very much use extreme caution. If you are not in that demographic, you just need to use the WHO and CDC's simple guidelines on basic flu/cold/illness protections. That's it. 

I find it highly ironic that you would reference the CDC (or the WHO), and don't even want to follow their guidelines. 

Moreover, Italy's healthcare system is ranked much higher than ours. They're top 10, we aren't even top 30. If you're suggesting that Americans shouldn't follow guidelines because we don't have the exact same age demographic, then you're obviously disregarding the seniors that we have in this country. And, on an off note, Italy has a good amount of elderly because their healthcare system is good! Not only is our health care not as good, but we don't have near the capacity of beds/equipment that they do per capita, which is another reason we need to be more focused on prevention!

We need to be more deliberate in trying to stop transmission! To argue against that is simply nonsensical!

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I find it highly ironic that you would reference the CDC (or the WHO), and don't even want to follow their guidelines. 

Moreover, Italy's healthcare system is ranked much higher than ours. They're top 10, we aren't even top 30. If you're suggesting that Americans shouldn't follow guidelines because we don't have the exact same age demographic, then you're obviously disregarding the seniors that we have in this country. And, on an off note, Italy has a good amount of elderly because their healthcare system is good! Not only is our health care not as good, but we don't have near the capacity of beds/equipment that they do per capita, which is another reason we need to be more focused on prevention!

We need to be more deliberate in trying to stop transmission! To argue against that is simply nonsensical!

And when have I strayed from this:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

Or this:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html

None of this says buy all the toilet paper. None of this says barricade yourself in your house. It is literally simple things that apply to almost any illness. Wash your hands, don't be in people's bubble, don't touch your face, stay home if you get sick, self-isolate if you have traveled to a high infection rate area,  go to the hospital if more serious symptoms emerge. This is not hard. It really isn't. 

By all means, show me where I ever suggested to not take these simple and logical steps to prevent the spread. 

I am well aware of where our healthcare system is ranked. We have a false sense of being the "best in the world" that just simply isn't factual. 

6 hours ago, Snake said:

The draft should be condensed into two days for the sake of the people. We don't need the fluff just the picks. 

It used to be 2 days, and I definitely prefer the 3 day format.  The problem with the old 2 day format was the earlier picks overshadowed the later picks, so it was hard to watch and get any kind of analysis or insight into the current picks because they wouldn't shut up about the guys that went early.  I definitely prefer the 3 day format.  Its also less time per sitting.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It is amazing we have so many here on the huddle that knows more about pandemics than pandemic experts.

"I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for President."

Donald J. Trump, March 9, 2020 while holding a presser at the CDC. Mind you, he just stopped by on his way to play golf in Florida.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

And when have I strayed from this:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

Or this:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html

None of this says buy all the toilet paper. None of this says barricade yourself in your house. It is literally simple things that apply to almost any illness. Wash your hands, don't be in people's bubble, don't touch your face, stay home if you get sick, self-isolate if you have traveled to a high infection rate area,  go to the hospital if more serious symptoms emerge. This is not hard. It really isn't. 

By all means, show me where I ever suggested to not take these simple and logical steps to prevent the spread. 

I am well aware of where our healthcare system is ranked. We have a false sense of being the "best in the world" that just simply isn't factual. 

Well, I never mentioned toilet paper or anything of the like. I've said what I've said, and I stand by it!

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If I was the NFL, I would be trying to find a way to make this the most interactive draft possible with fans. Do a bracket for the first 2 days, predict the picks and trades. Let fans be a part of the draft. If done right, it could get a lot of hype. 

Can the fans vote for the Panthers picks? It couldn't be worse than Hurney....

Archived