• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Haven't The Panthers Cut Cam Yet?

beastson

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Aaaahhhh, no.

Zero chance of that.

We will see,...

although,.. you have to know I’m being sarcastic right? With the current state of affairs I don’t wish him to stay. He should go to the Patriots and have a chance to win a superbowl

7 minutes ago, Rogue Panther said:

OP,

Why would we cut Cam now when there is still a chance a team could trade for him?

You hold him to the last day possible. 

He aint getting traded. Carolina screwed up he can't take a physical. At some point you have to start looking at reality.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That effectively screws him out of a chance to get a starting job elsewhere, though. And all indications are that nobody's trading for him. Heck, the Bears were so unsure of his health status they decided Nick Foles would be a better option.

Latest word is that the team will cut him as soon as Bridgewater is official, but things are so complicated now no one knows when that will be.

They could decide to just go ahead and let him go anytime, though.

Honestly, they might as well release him. The bridge is already thoroughly burned. Even if Teddy fails his physical, bringing Cam back is no longer an option at this point. We'll have to move on to our next best bad plan.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, they might as well release him. The bridge is already thoroughly burned. Even if Teddy fails his physical, bringing Cam back is no longer an option at this point. We'll have to move on to our next best bad plan.

I'd agree.

That bridge has been burned, blown up and had the debris from it pulverized.

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because Teddy hasn't been able to do a physical yet and he has a knee that's been through the equivalent of a car getting wrapped around a telephone pole then plummeting off a cliff before bursting into flames.

Please, please let it be a Breeland. Please let Marty have been convinced that a full rebuild (I will not name the term that shall not be named to keep panties unwadded) is necessary. Let’s get back our 3rd.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah because something is wrong with his knee now? He won like 6 games with the Saints and then went back to bench when Brees was healthy. Y'all about dumb if u think he is going to fail his physical. How about you leave this forum if that happens. U want to make a bet?

5 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah because something is wrong with his knee now? He won like 6 games with the Saints and then went back to bench when Brees was healthy. Y'all about dumb if u think he is going to fail his physical. How about you leave this forum if that happens. U want to make a bet?

Stop being so emotional. The guy isn't signing a contract until he passes his physical. Period. I didn't say he'll fail it I said he wouldn't be signed until he passes it.

If people had to leave the forum for making wild ass bold statements that turned out not to be true, you'd be on your 103rd username now instead of just your 3rd.

Regardless of teddys ability to pass a physical, does it even matter ? I highly doubt cam wants to be back after how he’s been treated and blindsided by these recent events.

FO is looking real spiteful currently, and rumors that teams have offered late round picks for cam better not be true or more backlash might occur. Release him if you’re aren’t trading him already 

Florio pointed out that part of the problem of trading Newton is that you can't give him a physical right now and teams are scared about his health.

It is possible, however, that Newton could seek out an independent doctor and get his own physical done.

But why should he?

For one, that's an action that would primarily benefit the Panthers. Given the recent animosity between Newton and the team, why would he do that?

Perhaps more relevant though, what if he fails?

The general belief is that the Panthers will cut him at some point, with a fair amount of speculation that it could happen today.

We'll see 

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Next best bad plan could be the best plan!

Right now the ball is in the Panthers camp .  We can see if a trade is possible and what is offered .  Cam is still under contract we can wait a little while on the physical .  If Cam is healthy somebody will make an offer .  Its the waiting that killing him and us .  If Cam is still not healthy , we made a good decision on Teddy and no one will want Cam .  He can retire and sit on all that money he has made .

Getting anything in trade for him at this point would be borderline miraculous.

For one, nobody can verify that he's healthy. But even if that could be verified, everybody knows we can't possibly keep him so why offer anything if you know we're going to have to let him go at some point?

I'm not certain if the Panthers bungled this or at some point just said "screw it", but the result is the same.

Archived