• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tua Tagovailoa

MMA

20 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I swear to God if Tua is on the board and we draft a gd LB I will flip my poo lol.  

Start flippin... Hurnia will draft a LB...its in his DNA...  far as Tua...i'll take any other QB on the board before a busted up lefty.... bama qbs are an automatic bust.

11 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Start flippin... Hurnia will draft a LB...its in his DNA...  far as Tua...i'll take any other QB on the board before a busted up lefty.... bama qbs are an automatic bust.

I dunno. You’re not wrong but Tua seems different to me. I’ve never liked a Bama QB, but Tua looks like the real deal to me. 

19 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Start flippin... Hurnia will draft a LB...its in his DNA...  far as Tua...i'll take any other QB on the board before a busted up lefty.... bama qbs are an automatic bust.T

Why do people say this (I've seen several posters mock him over this many times)?  the fact is that he's taken three LB's within the first two rounds in his history as GM (and only five if you go three rounds).  Doesn't sound like an unusual fixation with the position.

Those three?  Thomas Davis, Dan Morgan, and Luke Kuechly.

So what's there not to like about his LB drafts...especially early.  If anything, we should celebrate if he does take a LB.  After all, based on history, that player is likely to become very good to great.  

I think what the so called draft analysts who usually know nothing about our local team don't fully grasp is now Cam is gone the franchise desperately needs a future at QB.

Marty needs to scrap and trade to get one now. That's what going down. #7 is high enough to get a QB you can win with.

A huddler brought up the point that Bradys usefulness isn't being taken advantage of without him grooming a young QB BEFORE he gets a head coaching job elsewhere.

I agree. The Panthers are desperate for a QB in this draft. Don't get it twisted.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Both have HUGE injury question marks. Tua basically Bo Jackson'd himself and Teddy pretty much has an internal amputation of his leg in his injury file. Yikes.

I keep getting the RGIII vibe from him.  Now, I think it is stupid to judge a player based on others, but he is fragile like RGIII was/is.

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I keep getting the RGIII vibe from him.  Now, I think it is stupid to judge a player based on others, but he is fragile like RGIII was/is.

Time will tell, but yeah, I don't think anyone can act shocked if Tua doesn't hold up in the NFL. I don't think anyone can act shocked if Teddy doesn't make it through this season either. When you have the types of injuries those guys have in their backgrounds in a sport as violent as football all bets are off.

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Time will tell, but yeah, I don't think anyone can act shocked if Tua doesn't hold up in the NFL. I don't think anyone can act shocked if Teddy doesn't make it through this season either. When you have the types of injuries those guys have in their backgrounds in a sport as violent as football all bets are off.

It may be that I am basking in the euphoria of a false sense of security, but I feel good about our QB situation now--I think we have some depth.

When was the last time we took New Orleans' backup QB and did anything?

And when was the last time a QB from a weird football league made our roster and became our starter?

sporting deangelo williams GIF

Archived