• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tua Tagovailoa

MMA

32 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Apparently there are others who share my view that Tua benefitted from the best talent 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/nfl-draft-analyst-matt-miller-reports-tua-tagovailoa-stock-has-dropped/

I think it's a legit concern for every QB coming from a powerhouse college program. The Alabamas, LSUs, Clemsons, Ohio States, etc. of the college world line up every Saturday and are better man for man vs. their opponents almost across the board. A lot of times they have bench warmers who can't get on the field that would be starting for their opponents.

That's why you've got to look at prospects individually and decide if they're NFL material. Bigger, stronger, faster. That's the NFL and that was Cam.

Those are the reasons Hurney would pick Herbert or Love over Tua. Herbert and Love have the size to translate to the NFL, both can make NFL throws, both are reading and reacting at a high level. Both could start day one in today's NFL.

Imagine Air Jordan Love.

All the tools needs a good coach(Brady?). This is an honest video, good and bad. IMO Herbert or Tua or even this would breath new life into the fan base and franchise. Get our young QB and roll. That is to a coaches advantage also. Grooming the pup takes time. Patience. Either guy would be more fun to watch than what we seem to be in for.

LSU and Alabama, both had great athletes, great supporting casts.

For both QB's, in the NFL, you will have great CB's, quicker than anything you saw in college.  Your receivers will not outclass the competition and get 3 yds separation like back home in LA and Alabama.  Scouts will have to make informed decisions for both QB's.  If medically good to go, then I don't see a huge difference in the two.  One right handed, one left handed.

10 minutes ago, stirs said:

LSU and Alabama, both had great athletes, great supporting casts.

For both QB's, in the NFL, you will have great CB's, quicker than anything you saw in college.  Your receivers will not outclass the competition and get 3 yds separation like back home in LA and Alabama.  Scouts will have to make informed decisions for both QB's.  If medically good to go, then I don't see a huge difference in the two.  One right handed, one left handed.

People say this about these top QB prospects every year; “NFL defense is faster than in college”. But these young QBs come out every year and show that they can play. Burrow if he goes to Cincinnati, will have AJ Green and Tyler Boyd. Tua will have Robby Anderson and DJ Moore if he comes to Carolina. You just gotta make sure that you get a Daniel Jones in the draft and not a Will Grier. LA Chargers got Keenan Allen, Mike Williams and Hunter Henry.

3 minutes ago, MMA said:

People say this about these top QB prospects every year; “NFL defense is faster than in college”. But these young QBs come out every year and show that they can play. Burrow if he goes to Cincinnati, will have AJ Green and Tyler Boyd. Tua will have Robby Anderson and DJ Moore if he comes to Carolina. You just gotta make sure that you get a Daniel Jones in the draft and not a Will Grier. LA Chargers got Keenan Allen, Mike Williams and Hunter Henry.

The point was, that Alabama and LSU had elite athletes, just like in the NFL.  But, the opposition for those 2 college teams were generally less talented.

The whole discussion has been about Tua having a great supporting cast, thus not being able to bring his game to the NFL.  I just said it would be the same for Burrow also.  Both will have to get used to it.

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Question is if he does fall to #7 do we trade back?  Some team surely will take that bait.

We all remember Aaron Rogers falling like a rock on his draft day.

If the Raiders wanted Simmons really bad and gave us 12 and 19 for our 1st and 2nd, then I would take Kinlaw and 12 over Tua, but with 19, it would really be hard to resist.

Archived