• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why we should consider OT, or atleast pretend to

AU-panther

Oh I’ve been on the OT train the last couple years(as has many). I was also very down on the Little pick last year and hate being right so far(concussions and one decent showing aside,.. he looked terrible)

i would have no beef and be very happy with a good OT pick. The good ones last at least 10 years and would be a solid foundation piece(so would QB)

This is an entirely possible top 6 picks. If it went down like this, I'd take Wills > Kinlaw.

1: R1P1

QB JOE BURROW
CINCINNATI BENGALS
2: R1P2

EDGE CHASE YOUNG
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
3: R1P3

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
DETROIT LIONS
4: R1P4

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
NEW YORK GIANTS
5: R1P5

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
MIAMI DOLPHINS
6: R1P6

DL DERRICK BROWN
LA CHARGERS

For reference, here's how that entire draft played out:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P7

OT JEDRICK WILLS
ALABAMA
2: R2P6

DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE
OKLAHOMA
3: R3P5

CB BRYCE HALL
VIRGINIA
4: R4P7

DL JAMES LYNCH
BAYLOR
5: R5P2

TE THADDEUS MOSS
LSU
6: R5P6

G SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA
7: R6P5

DL BENITO JONES
OLE MISS
8: R7P7

EDGE D.J. WONNUM
SOUTH CAROLINA

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is an entirely possible top 6 picks. If it went down like this, I'd take Wills > Kinlaw.

QB JOE BURROW
CINCINNATI BENGALS

EDGE CHASE YOUNG
WASHINGTON REDSKINS

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
DETROIT LIONS

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
NEW YORK GIANTS

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
MIAMI DOLPHINS

DL DERRICK BROWN
LA CHARGERS

Yep, I get this simulation scenario more often than I would like.  The only reason I think the Chargers take Brown is purely BPA because they have bigger fish to fry than taking a DT.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

QB JOE BURROW
CINCINNATI BENGALS

EDGE CHASE YOUNG
WASHINGTON REDSKINS

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
DETROIT LIONS

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
NEW YORK GIANTS

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
MIAMI DOLPHINS

DL DERRICK BROWN
LA CHARGERS

This could happen, very low chance, but still. In this case Im cheating- trade down with a team that I already had discussed this with. Herbert would be in SUPER high demand, like two 1s, future 2s, plus ____ demand. 

I have no idea how but Andrew Thomas has fell hard in many mocks and I have no clue why. Hes the best LT in this draft and VERY proven as a 3 year starter in the SEC with great tape. Wirfs is a freak, Becton is a size freak, and Wills is a mix of everyone. If the panthers had no one at LT, Id be ALLLLL for Thomas at #7. That could be debated. 

On 4/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll give you 5 reasons.

1. Okung is on the wrong side of 30. He's also on the final year of his contract and is coming off of an injury plagued season.

2. Moton is also on the final year of his contract. Despite being young and having some solid play on his resume, it seems the new staff isn't sold on him since I haven't heard even the faintest of whispers of a possible contract extension.

3. Little looked terrible at LT last year and he had multiple concussions as a rookie and there's been rumors he'll move inside to OG this coming season.

4. Daley also looked terrible at LT last year and it was widely speculated he was primarily drafted to play OG.

5. There's no other OT currently on the roster worth mentioning.

Can I get a Hallelujah!  Nah they will swear that only Brown will save this franchise.

5 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Can I get a Hallelujah!  Nah they will swear that only Brown will save this franchise.

I would have absolutely no problems drafting Brown since we're utterly depleted at DT even worse. I just think that OT should absolutely be on the board for us at #7.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, Soul Rebel said:

Really??? Come on man.....

Panthers.thumb.jpg.a83793d4950c518707ce5338bfe5f419.jpg

So you are going to draft 7 DT's?  How was Cam after that hit from Watts from that Monday Night game.  How many games did he win for us after that hit.  So you want Teddy B or Next year's QB running for their life all the time.  People complained about Kyle last year.  We had 102 hits on our QB's last year.  So that is acceptable hit rate for you on our QB's  The Defense is going to suck no matter what.  So fix the OLine since it needs fewer picks to do and then go after the Defense this year, next year, and the following year.  

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would have absolutely no problems drafting Brown since we're utterly depleted at DT even worse. I just think that OT should absolutely be on the board for us at #7.

If they drafted Brown so be it.  Hell they drafted Burns last year and I was mad as hell they did instead of taking an OT, an it bit them in the butt.  Burns as graded out at B+ for his Rookie year even being injured.  You don't get 4 quality OT's like this every year.  This is the year we don't go Defense with our first pick.  We don't need glamor...we need a nasty OT that will anchor our line for the next 5 to 10 years.

Archived