• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IF... 2020 Season Cancelled Mock Draft

CanadianCat

5 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s not getting canceled. No fans in the stadium? That’s much more likely but to play along, if that were to happen I would change to be open to Drafting a LT (Wirfs) if Brown was off the board.

It's going to be cancelled or condensed. No way you fly through coronavirus season with 52 players. 

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the season is gonna be cancelled, if anything it would push the dedicated "love football" guys up the board. A big concern will probably be some guys getting lazy and getting way out of shape if they're over a year away from football. There's already a lot of guys who do that already in the space of time that is the current-off-season. It would probably also help guys who have injuries that shouldn't be a long-term concern, but may have impacted their availability this season. I would also think that it would push guys down who had off-field concerns. Again, if you're away from football and left to your own devices for over a year, those off-field issues are a lot more likely to pop up.

I could see guys with off field issues being pushed down the board and guys with recent injuries being pushed up. 

6 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Fauci just stated he believes it will go on just with no fans. I started a thread on it yesterday 

Did you see the rest of his recommendations? 

“Nobody comes to the stadium. Put [the players] in big hotels, wherever you want to play, keep them very well surveilled. ... Have them tested every single week and make sure they don’t wind up infecting each other or their family, and just let them play the season out.”

Mike Trout then asked: “What am I going to do when she goes into labor? Am I going to have to quarantine for two weeks after I come back? Obviously, I can’t miss that birth of our first child,” Trout told NBC Sports on Wednesday."

So now every athlete who goes into a public area to go see the birth of their children may have to miss up to two weeks to be quarantined to make sure they don't infect others? What about if a player wants to go home to see their sick mom on their potential death bed? Miss another few weeks? 

Its very easy for us to tell athletes that its ok to have their privacy invaded to make sure they don't go anywhere for a whole season and miss out on family moments. As a human I am sure most of them won't want to go visit even family during the season or have family visit them because the leagues are going to want to interrogate them on where they have been and who they have been around and so on. 

And now that we have a confirmed case in the NFL for coronavirus I think its very likely we see a condensed season if we see a season of football at all. 

In theory, if fans of respective home cities aren't coming out, stadiums/ownership isn't getting revenue at said stadiums, would it make more sense to centralize the games into 1 or 2 regions and play the games there to limit the potential spread.

Like is it really that important for the Panthers to play in Charlotte for their "home" game. I miss football as much as any diehard fan (maybe more), but what's going on in the real world is more important. 

Maybe pick 2-4 cities that have several quality field/stadium conditions and play games there. Try to keep this as compartmentalized and scaled down as much as possible, without losing the integrity of the players being able to play fair games, with adequate safety and proper field conditions. 

14 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

In theory, if fans of respective home cities aren't coming out, stadiums/ownership isn't getting revenue at said stadiums, would it make more sense to centralize the games into 1 or 2 regions and play the games there to limit the potential spread.

Like is it really that important for the Panthers to play in Charlotte for their "home" game. I miss football as much as any diehard fan (maybe more), but what's going on in the real world is more important. 

Maybe pick 2-4 cities that have several quality field/stadium conditions and play games there. Try to keep this as compartmentalized and scaled down as much as possible, without losing the integrity of the players being able to play fair games, with adequate safety and proper field conditions. 

That is what MLB thought of and passed around the idea of moving all games to Arizona. Many anonymous players have spoken out against living in Arizona for a few months under lockdown rules. One of them on the Mets said "that is a place where things go to die, not live". 

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Fauci just stated he believes it will go on just with no fans. I started a thread on it yesterday 

Yeah and he changes his mind every week. It's foolish to think you are going to be able to move 100 people place to place and nothing bad happen. Might as well let fans go back. 

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Did you see the rest of his recommendations? 

“Nobody comes to the stadium. Put [the players] in big hotels, wherever you want to play, keep them very well surveilled. ... Have them tested every single week and make sure they don’t wind up infecting each other or their family, and just let them play the season out.”

Mike Trout then asked: “What am I going to do when she goes into labor? Am I going to have to quarantine for two weeks after I come back? Obviously, I can’t miss that birth of our first child,” Trout told NBC Sports on Wednesday."

So now every athlete who goes into a public area to go see the birth of their children may have to miss up to two weeks to be quarantined to make sure they don't infect others? What about if a player wants to go home to see their sick mom on their potential death bed? Miss another few weeks? 

Its very easy for us to tell athletes that its ok to have their privacy invaded to make sure they don't go anywhere for a whole season and miss out on family moments. As a human I am sure most of them won't want to go visit even family during the season or have family visit them because the leagues are going to want to interrogate them on where they have been and who they have been around and so on. 

And now that we have a confirmed case in the NFL for coronavirus I think its very likely we see a condensed season if we see a season of football at all. 

That's why I think it happens for maybe 6 weeks and done. 

Archived