• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One potential good thing about Covid-19

Mojoman

It should be lot easier to hear everything that goes on during the games with no or fewer fans in the stadium.  It will be interesting to listen in on the audible calls and communication between players, and maybe some of the trash talk as well.  But also may pose a problem for the NFL in dealing with profanity ?

34 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

It should be lot easier to hear everything that goes on during the games with no or fewer fans in the stadium.  It will be interesting to listen in on the audible calls and communication between players, and maybe some of the trash talk as well.  But also may pose a problem for the NFL in dealing with profanity ?

They’ll prob do fake fan noise like the nba.

I would love a profanity laced season as part of the change of pace weirdness, but given that lots of kids and old people watch the games, I’m sure the No Fun League will do something about it.

Sure old lady, you can go to one of POTUS’s rallies and listen to him spout violent racist fear mongering nonsense all day long, but God forbid you or your grandchildren’s delicate ears be sullied by a single fug! when a WR drops a pass. Enjoy your super spreader event!

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I would love a profanity laced season as part of the change of pace weirdness, but given that lots of kids and old people watch the games, I’m sure the No Fun League will do something about it.

Sure old lady, you can go to one of POTUS’s rallies and listen to him spout violent racist fear mongering nonsense all day long, but God forbid you or your grandchildren’s delicate ears be sullied by a single fug! when a WR drops a pass. Enjoy your super spreader event!

8f2189e971c6b5b6795c9d31798eea68--good-humor-political-quotes.jpg.41c8f714babb782a131ad10900c8a775.jpg

8 minutes ago, Popsickle said:

8f2189e971c6b5b6795c9d31798eea68--good-humor-political-quotes.jpg.41c8f714babb782a131ad10900c8a775.jpg

A pro athlete saying a curse word on the field of play won’t offend me. If you AREN’T offended by the President of the United States defending neo Nazis, inciting violence against those who disagree with him, or spreading blatant misinformation about the current pandemic, then I’m not surprised you would try to mischaracterize what I said as taking offense to everything.

At that point it’s just obviously the defense mechanism that lets you stay in denial.

17 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

A pro athlete saying a curse word on the field of play won’t offend me. If you AREN’T offended by the President of the United States defending neo Nazis, inciting violence against those who disagree with him, or spreading blatant misinformation about the current pandemic, then I’m not surprised you would try to mischaracterize what I said as taking offense to everything.

At that point it’s just obviously the defense mechanism that lets you stay in denial.

It’s mainly how you shift from a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the man to focusing on Trump himself.  But you know, you do you...

8 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

theyve been trying to edit out he profanities in the NBA and MLB and failing miserably.

i never knew MLB players were just screaming obscenities every other play. 

NBA.... well yeah

Justin Thomas has a nice f bomb about have an hour ago and there have been plenty throughout the week. The announcers usually apologize or just say, “well we all know that’s part of the game”.

17 minutes ago, Popsickle said:

It’s mainly how you shift from a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the man to focusing on Trump himself.  But you know, you do you...

My point was that people who often take offense at profanity fail completely to take offense at genuinely offensive things. People are selective with what they CHOOSE to be offended by in ways that defy common sense.

A point you obviously missed in favor of selecting something else you could then attempt to spin against me. I guess that’s you doing you then...

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

They’ll prob do fake fan noise like the nba.

That'll be weak. One of the most interesting things about watching MMA during the pandemic has been listening to the banter between the fighters, corner instructions, and sometimes fighters even acknowledging announcers mid-fight. Totally different viewing experience.

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That'll be weak. One of the most interesting things about watching MMA during the pandemic has been listening to the banter between the fighters, corner instructions, and sometimes fighters even acknowledging announcers mid-fight. Totally different viewing experience.

It would be more interesting. 

The nba last night cut sound every few minutes to bleep the players. I expect the nfl will cover the player banter with some kind of artificial noise. Otherwise, the censoring may get annoying.

Archived