• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fans at games?

KillaCamNewton

11 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There likely will not be any fans at the games this season. We are lucky to have games at this point. Let us not tempt fate. 

A million times this. I don’t want people in any sort of large gatherings until it’s safe again. Be thankful we have football at all in 2020.

54 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Imma be honest dude, I cant live my life in fear of something that has a 0.0001 mortality rate for people under 70 that aren’t over 400 Ibs.

There problem is it is estimated that 40% of Americans have at least one chronic condition and between 7-10% of children between 7-15 do as well. Then add simply issues such as 50% of All Americans are obese and start doing the math. Don't live in fear but get educated about the risks which are significant. Then we can talk about the costs and toll on the healthcare system for another 20% who get very sick but don't die. 

6 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronav

34 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Health officials in Maricopa county (Phoenix) have already admitted they manipulated their numbers and counted everyone person who died with a positive COVID test within 60 days as a COVID death regardless of whether it actually contributed to their death or not. Maricopa makes up 60% of the total number of “covid” deaths in AZ

Next

irus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

That isn't manipulation unless those folks would not have died if they had not had Covid 19. That is why they are called Covid 19 related deaths.

How about the states purposely underreporting like Florida or Georgia.

8 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

It's ok to be wrong on the internet.

So admit you were and I will agree.

Truthfully though is there anything at this point anyone could say to change your mind that hasn't been said? I can assure you nothing you posted changed mine. So let's talk football since this Corona virus convo goes nowhere and everyone is entrenched in their own point of view.

Just now, panthers55 said:

So admit you were and I will agree.

Truthfully though is there anything at this point anyone could say to change your mind that hasn't been said? I can assure you nothing you posted changed mine. So let's talk football since this Corona virus convo goes nowhere and everyone is entrenched in their own point of view.

Blue states have a higher death count on a pure or per capita basis. I provided a link. It's objective. You can take 14 seconds to google it. But yeah I am the one entrenched.

It isn't a point of view. It's numbers.

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

Because they have nfl facilities...great idea.....lol

The potential stage 3 date is only 2 days prior. They are just being practical making the decision now.

Has nothing to do with this year, if NC gonna be this way, then the team can take it's business elsewhere.

Clemson and South Carolina have approval to play in front of fans already...

I don't care if each fan has to be 30 feet apart, there is no freaking reason we have to have ZERO fans... 5,000 is better then 0. 

P.S. We kind of have our team operations in Rock Hill starting in 2022, so yes, they do. 

Give me 6x the expected social distancing, 36 feet between each 2 or 4 seats... That's more then zero... Better some fans then none. 

People are losing their jobs and businesses over this poo, which will lead to unemployment and homelessness, I'm about getting sick of the political bull-crap of governors trying to keep crap closed.

SC has been reopened for 4 months now and had cases under 750 every day before the schools chose to irresponsibly open... NC has been strict as hell and they're in no better shape then SC.

If shutdowns worked, then why does California have more cases per capita then 90% of the United States?

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Lol, it's safe for media to come run throughout the stadium on the day of the streamed Panthers stadium scrimmage, but it's not safe for us to have more then 0 fans.

I don't give a damn if we only have 3,000 tickets sold only Silver club PSL owners can buy, I am getting sick of the whole "0 or nothing" bullshit. Explain to me how you cant have one family once every 5 damn rows... 

The virus is very real, the responses to it are political stunts. Hell sell zero concessions, only bottled water is handed out with chips when you walk in... If you seriously think there is zero plausible ways for us to have even 5,000 fans, then I don't know what to tell you.

SC is being reasonable and allowing 20% capacity, 6 seats spaced between each party every other row,  if NC cannot accommodate our team, we need to go to somewhere that will through good and bad times.

We already have a facility in rock hill, sc being built, go ahead and build the dang stadium there.

10 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Lol, it's safe for media to come run throughout the stadium on the day of the streamed Panthers stadium scrimmage, but it's not safe for us to have more then 0 fans.

I don't give a damn if we only have 3,000 tickets sold only Silver club PSL owners can buy, I am getting sick of the whole "0 or nothing" bullshit. Explain to me how you cant have one family once every 5 damn rows... 

The virus is very real, the responses to it are political stunts. Hell sell zero concessions, only bottled water is handed out with chips when you walk in... If you seriously think there is zero plausible ways for us to have even 5,000 fans, then I don't know what to tell you.

SC is being reasonable and allowing 20% capacity, 6 seats spaced between each party every other row,  if NC cannot accommodate our team, we need to go to somewhere that will through good and bad times.

We already have a facility in rock hill, sc being built, go ahead and build the dang stadium there.

People are not going to follow the rules in a stadium, especially once you get alcohol involved. People haven’t been following the rules since March and that’s why we are STILL in this mess. 

at this point YOU better be thankful that there’s going to be football at all. 

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

People are not going to follow the rules in a stadium, especially once you get alcohol involved. People haven’t been following the rules since March and that’s why we are STILL in this mess. 

I'm not thankful, any damn sport that has been played so far is being so damn politicized with this no fans crap, protests, and uptick in cases, it completely  defeats the purpose of me watching sports, an escape from reality. 

So you're telling me there is a high chance of you catching Covid-19 if you and your family are spaced 30 ft from another family in an open air stadium in the heat?

The definition of a "large gathering" is bull crap, more people are allowed in best buy then we are allowed to have fans. Stadium staff has LOST THEIR FREAKING JOBS... Do you not understand the football isn't the only consequence? 

5,000 Fans divided amonst BOA is more safe then any store you can go to, but we have to have zero capacity.

It's easy to get people to follow rules, you follow them, or you get your ass ejected... Why bother having the CDC guidelines if every time an event comes we could use them, we get paranoid and say no fans?

Disney World has been open for 2 months now and has not had an outbreak of cases in FL, but 10% capacity at a Carolina Panthers game is dangerous, keep trying.

15 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Blue states have a higher death count on a pure or per capita basis. I provided a link. It's objective. You can take 14 seconds to google it. But yeah I am the one entrenched.

It isn't a point of view. It's numbers.

It is numbers you are ignoring so lets be clear for the last time.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases

These are absolute numbers but as a.percentage of population California is lower than the next three on the list.

California has 699,000 cases but divided by 40 million people the rate is .0175 multiplied by 1000 gives you 17.4 persons per thousand.

Florida has 614,000 cases and 21 million for a rate of .029 multiplied by 1000 or 29 cases per thousand.

Texas has 610,000 cases and 29 million folks for a rate of .021 x1000 for a rate of 21 people per thousand. 

Georgia has 268,000 cases and a population of 11 million for a per capita rate of .024 x 1000 or 24 people per thousand.

And what do this three states have in common different than California??? Republican governors. Feel free to do the math with 47 other states. But as I stated earlier, you are wrong and the numbers clearly show it. Now when you argue again with the numbers and simple math it will show the futility of arguing and prove you are entrenched. 

9 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

What seems to be pretty easy logic for you and I seems to escape many folks here. Hell if the people complaining were wearing masks and social distancing instead of bitching we might actually be able to watch football live.

4 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

I'm not thankful, any damn sport that has been played so far is being so damn politicized with this no fans crap, protests, and uptick in cases, it completely  defeats the purpose of me watching sports, an escape from reality. 

So you're telling me there is a high chance of you catching Covid-19 if you and your family are spaced 30 ft from another family in an open air stadium in the heat?

The definition of a "large gathering" is bull crap, more people are allowed in best buy then we are allowed to have fans. Stadium staff has LOST THEIR FREAKING JOBS... Do you not understand the football isn't the only consequence? 

5,000 Fans divided amonst BOA is more safe then any store you can go to, but we have to have zero capacity.

It's easy to get people to follow rules, you follow them, or you get your ass ejected... Why bother having the CDC guidelines if every time an event comes we could use them, we get paranoid and say no fans?

Disney World has been open for 2 months now and has not had an outbreak of cases in FL, but 10% capacity at a Carolina Panthers game is dangerous, keep trying.

Sounds like you need to take a few steps back with sports. I’d like to remind you that student athletes and professional athletes are NOT obligated to entertain you. 

i

Archived