• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule wants to win

Jeremy Igo

From his presser...

“I can say a lot of things to the team. But when they come in and see Phil Snow in the office at 5 o’clock in the morning, when they see Joe Brady here at midnight, they know we’re trying to win. We’ve had to do a lot of things to get to this point, but there’s never been one part of us that said like, hey, you know what, let’s not try to win this year. I want to win.

“If you saw that locker room scene, you could tell how much this team wants to win and I hope you felt some sense of togetherness.”

These guys already see this young team improving and will now only work harder to squeak out a few more wins this season. This is why they are at the highest level of coaching they can possibly be at in their careers. You don't make it that far by being complacent in losing. 

15 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Well yeah, he's not gonna come out and say "gee golly willigers guys, I would sure like to lose every damn game." He already came out before the season and said this is a rebuild and it's a process. He knows how it is, regardless if some weirdo's on the huddle want them to finish 5-11 or 6-10 and get a very low pick.

You don't get "a very low pick" at 5-11 or 6-10. And I, for one, think it's very weird to root for your team to lose. A loser mentality is a loser mentality. Thank God that professionals don't think like certain Huddlers!

28 minutes ago, NAS said:

I would be disappointed if he didn’t. He has to instill a culture of competing as a team even if it doesn’t result in a win. Most of us are hoping they’re competitive but we still end up with a top 5 pick.

That's my honest to god best case scenario.

Growing pains are expected, especially with the new coaching staff and offseason we had. If we fall behind early but claw our way back to put up a fight, that means in game adjustments are being made and I'm good with that.

If we lose to a division opponent the first game, but come back and squeak out a win or almost squeak one out, then hey, I'm cool with that too because our roster is not filled with talent top to bottom just yet and that means the coaching staff is actually halfway decent with game-planning. 

I want to see heart, I want to see progress, and I want to see improvement from this ridiculously young and inexperienced defense and coaching staff as the year goes on. 

If we come out of it all with a top 5 pick after putting up a fight each game, I'll look forward to the 2021 season with great anticipation because the foundation for success will have been laid. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

You don't get "a very low pick" at 5-11 or 6-10. And I, for one, think it's very weird to root for your team to lose. A loser mentality is a loser mentality. Thank God that professionals don't think like certain Huddlers!

Well, good on you. Every Panthers fan (real fans) I've talked to in person, or texted were mad we won the other day. They knew this year was a rebuild, and want the best QB available in the draft. 

3 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Seriously, who have you spoken to that wants this team to win besides Huddlers? And I can venture, the vast majority of the people that want the Panthers to win, are probably older. Again, this is some weirdo poo. 

Thats not what you said. Don't move the goal posts. 

You said "very Panthers fan (real fans) I've talked to in person, or texted were mad we won the other day."

I don't know any "real fans" that were mad that we won. That is a laughable notion. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Thats not what you said. Don't move the goal posts. 

You said "very Panthers fan (real fans) I've talked to in person, or texted were mad we won the other day."

I don't know any "real fans" that were mad that we won. That is a laughable notion. 

Well, I know three PSL Owners, a guy that went to Clemson when the Panthers played there, a guy that's a huge Panthers fan born and raised in Cary. That's five "real fans" off the top of my head that I know were unhappy with the victory. But again, you do you. You keep riding this "wave" of winning means something. 

Archived