• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many more games until the NFL season is delayed/cancelled due to Coronavirus? *CATCH ALL NFL/COVID THREAD*

hepcat

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'm trying to understand why the outrage for construction workers wearing masks is more prevalent than the 210k+ preventable deaths that have taken place as people have continued to not take those supposedly sensible precautions because they anecdotally find them to be "stupid."

If anything, it just sounds like self-centered individuals being mad that their comfort is threatened while others' lives are.

Because carrying heavy things up 5 to 10 stories all day in the heat requires lots of oxygen. Like playing football. 

Masks make it hard to inhale oxygen. 

And the 210k is inflated. Multiple sources have stated that.

Like I said my Dad has covid right now. He said it sucks. He's lost 21lbs.

But the reality is if you are obese, have health problems or are elderly you should only leave the house when absolutely necessary and not visit with friends and family. 

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

No matter where you stand on the issue of masks and what to do about COVID, there is no way the season ends on time unless everyone says fug it, everyone can have COVID.

Because just look at where we stand right now. The Titans are continuing to have guys test positive and will probably miss their second game. Do they forfeit their season? What about other teams that will inevitably have players and staff test positive going forward? 

How long can the NFL keep playing whack-a-mole and try and rescheduling games? They were not proactive AT ALL for this season. They could have stretched out the schedule and incorporated more bye weeks into the schedule to account for games that needed to be rescheduled. Idiots. 

Aside from enforcing a mask policy and restricting fans in the stands (a lot of which are local level restrictions than from the NFL level) - the current model is only going to get worse as we get further into fall. Cases are spiking up all over the country. 

So what do you really think is going to happen? The NFL and people in this country at large are just going to say f*ck it, we'd rather watch football than keep as many people healthy as possible? 

Actually, “let’s just let everyone get Covid” seemed to work for Sweden, while literally all of Europe are seeing a second wave now, Sweden has only seen a modest uptick in cases. You can’t keep playing this yo-yo game with Covid. Where you shut down, restart, shut down restart. Half measures won’t work. You either A. Shut everything down until we have a bonafide cure and vaccine, economy be damned or B. You go all Sweden and let nature take its course. You have to pick one. 

2 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Actually, “let’s just let everyone get Covid” seemed to work for Sweden, while literally all of Europe are seeing a second wave now, Sweden has only seen a modest uptick in cases. You can’t keep playing this yo-yo game with Covid. Where you shut down, restart, shut down restart. Half measures won’t work. You either A. Shut everything down until we have a bonafide cure and vaccine, economy be damned or B. You go all Sweden and let nature take its course. 

I think where we are right now is the sweet spot.

People that can work from home work from home.

People that can afford curbside or grocery delivery get it.

Don't go on vacations. 

Don't go to parties

Don't go to games or church.

Go to work

Go out and eat if needed 

Go home

Do outdoor recreation. 

The issue isn't people not wearing masks on the job site.

Most twentysomethings are still out trying to ONS each other and going to parties and events. They are the ones that are going to cause the most issues. 

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Nothing like the sweet delicious hypocrisy of people advocating for mask-wearing being a personal choice, while mocking people who choose to wear masks while they’re outside.

Lol I don't care what others do.

They can wear masks in their house.

I'm saying it's stupid to require masks outside. Outside should be 100% optional. 

10 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

I think where we are right now is the sweet spot.

People that can work from home work from home.

People that can afford curbside or grocery delivery get it.

Don't go on vacations. 

Don't go to parties

Don't go to games or church.

Go to work

Go out and eat if needed 

Go home

Do outdoor recreation. 

The issue isn't people not wearing masks on the job site.

Most twentysomethings are still out trying to ONS each other and going to parties and events. They are the ones that are going to cause the most issues. 

Don’t go on vacations, don’t go to parties and don’t go to games and churches. Wow, Covid has turned everyone into communists it seems. Are you not at all concerned at just how easily and cavalier you say don’t do things like go to ball games, church, parties or vacations. Scary stuff

8 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Don’t go on vacations, don’t go to parties and don’t go to games and churches. Wow, Covid has turned everyone into communists it seems. Are you not at all concerned at just how easily and cavalier you say don’t do things like go to ball games, church, parties or vacations. Scary stuff

I'm not a communist and I'm not advocating for government shutdown of those events. 

I'm telling people if you are worried about getting sick don't go.

There is stupidity on both sides of Corona people.

From complete panic nuts that want to stop everything to idiots having covid parties and kissing randoms at spring break and going to protests. 

34 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Actually, “let’s just let everyone get Covid” seemed to work for Sweden, while literally all of Europe are seeing a second wave now, Sweden has only seen a modest uptick in cases. You can’t keep playing this yo-yo game with Covid. Where you shut down, restart, shut down restart. Half measures won’t work. You either A. Shut everything down until we have a bonafide cure and vaccine, economy be damned or B. You go all Sweden and let nature take its course. You have to pick one. 

You can’t compare their situation to the US. They have a highly regulated socialized healthcare system and a much smaller population. Opening the floodgates here would bankrupt thousands if not millions of people who need medical care, and potentially overwhelm the medical system. Not everyone is going to be able to afford or get the quality of care that the president got. 

That’s why the US and many other countries haven’t taken this stance.

2115876639_images(2).jpeg.d44ae7ed3cebaaa80a864e0ed6ab9269.jpeg

Wash yo hands.

Cough in the arm crack, not yo hands.

Stop standing under 6ft (give me 12 instead) and breathing on my neck when I am in Lowe's (pisses me the fug off).

Protect to the old peeps and peeps with elements/secondary conditions. (Seems every governor does not know this for whatever fuging reason).

Use common sense.

2 hours ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Sweeden has one of the highest COVID death rates (per 100k).  That kinda gets glossed over when people turn to Sweeden as the example of why people just shouldn't' care. 

I think if you look to places in Asia you find the best lessons of countries handling the pandemic well.   But I mean those are things we should of done months ago.   I mean we basically are doing herd immunity to a degree in America simply how of how half assed we have handled it. 

On 10/7/2020 at 10:22 AM, PanthersNC1984 said:

It would be dumb to cancel the season. It’s time for everyone to wake up and realize that a vast, vast, VAST majority of people who get Covid are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. The hysteria needs to end. Look at the MLB for example, the Marlins had like 25 people test positive a couple months ago and now they are in the playoffs. The St Louis Cardinals had about 20 people infected and they came back a week early and swept their series. 

im not saying Covid is a hoax or anything, I do think it exists obviously but it’s only truly dangerous for a very, VERY small percentage of people and according to the CDC themselves only 4 yes, just 4% of all the US deaths were a direct result of Covid. This isn’t the unknown, super deadly virus it was back in March. While yes 210k deaths is a lot on paper, that’s out of population of 330 million people. That literally equates to roughly 0.075% of the US population. 

bottom line is we can’t keep living like this. You can cancel schools, NFL, and close down business all you want but that’s not sustainable and all you are doing is delaying the inevitable and kicking the can down the road. NYC is a prime example, they are shutting down schools and business again for 2-4 weeks, why? What’s going to change a few weeks from now?! 

Protect those most vulnerable and at risk.

Stop drinking the Trump orange juice. This is a serious SARS virus with rapid infection and a kill rate like the flu. If it were not for the orange Cheeto completely ignoring everyone and letting it spread we might not be in this situation. But we are and I don't know a friend who hasn't had to take a breathing treatment or be taken to the morgue. I don't know your definition of mild symptoms but to me scaring of the lungs isn't mild. Like I said if not for the orange Cheeto ignoring the entire world and letting this spread we might not have to worry about this but at least Biden is up in the polls 14% and it looks like he will mop the floor with Trump and we will have true leadership not WWE smack down. 

28 minutes ago, Snake said:

Stop drinking the Trump orange juice. This is a serious SARS virus with rapid infection and a kill rate like the flu. If it were not for the orange Cheeto completely ignoring everyone and letting it spread we might not be in this situation. But we are and I don't know a friend who hasn't had to take a breathing treatment or be taken to the morgue. I don't know your definition of mild symptoms but to me scaring of the lungs isn't mild. Like I said if not for the orange Cheeto ignoring the entire world and letting this spread we might not have to worry about this but at least Biden is up in the polls 14% and it looks like he will mop the floor with Trump and we will have true leadership not WWE smack down. 

Lol there was no way to keep it from spreading unless we closed the boarders last December. 

Even then I don't think it could have been stopped. 

The ones that should have stopped it was China. They are the ones you should be irritated at.

5 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

Lol there was no way to keep it from spreading unless we closed the boarders last December. 

Even then I don't think it could have been stopped. 

The ones that should have stopped it was China. They are the ones you should be irritated at.

There was this thing called a mask. It might would have helped. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

There was this thing called a mask. It might would have helped. 

I know this is hard for you to understand. 

But young people don't care. Did you see spring break? I work with and associate with tons of young people.

Yes I care but there is no way you're going to get national mask compliance. 

The majority of the country at this point are fed up with it. Which I think is a mistake. 

The amount of young healthy people having a hard time with covid once infected is incredibly small. 

That's just reality. 

Plus even tho I want to wear a mask in stores I know and everyone knows that they aren't that effective. 

Archived