• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Previewing the Carousel

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

They can have Brady 

I hope he hangs around for a couple years. I think he's shown that he can potentially run a potent offense. Hopefully he's learned that a JAG at QB isn't the way to go. A lot of cocky young coaches think they don't necessarily need a star to make their precious system run flawlessy and Brady may honestly not, but you're not gonna pull it off for long with a marginal starter/good backup type. Teddy and his "try to win by not losing" style of QB play is tailor-made for holding the fort down as a backup. It's not what you want out of your starter though.

35 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Is there?

Joe Person certainly didn't indicate as such on the radio this week.

He's mentioned it elsewhere, and also in his article in The Athletic.

Direct quotes from the article (dated two days ago)

Meanwhile in Charlotte, the future of the man who helped groom Beane for the job remains uncertain.

...there’s a sense around the league that this could be Hurney’s final season in Carolina — at least in the GM role

Rhule also added former colleagues in the front office, most notably player personnel director Pat Stewart, who worked with Rhule when both were young Western Carolina assistants. The sense among NFL insiders is Rhule may eventually want to bring in someone he knows as GM — or someone younger than Hurney.

If Washington decides to hire a GM, Hurney’s ties to Rivera and the organization can’t be ignored. Hurney got his NFL start with the Washington Football Team after first covering it as a local sportswriter.

Tepper could always look to keep Hurney in a senior advisory role and bring in a new GM, though it’s unclear whether Hurney would be amenable to such an arrangement.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's mentioned it elsewhere, and also in his article in The Athletic.

Direct quotes from the article (dated two days ago)

Meanwhile in Charlotte, the future of the man who helped groom Beane for the job remains uncertain.

...there’s a sense around the league that this could be Hurney’s final season in Carolina — at least in the GM role

Rhule also added former colleagues in the front office, most notably player personnel director Pat Stewart, who worked with Rhule when both were young Western Carolina assistants. The sense among NFL insiders is Rhule may eventually want to bring in someone he knows as GM — or someone younger than Hurney.

If Washington decides to hire a GM, Hurney’s ties to Rivera and the organization can’t be ignored. Hurney got his NFL start with the Washington Football Team after first covering it as a local sportswriter.

Tepper could always look to keep Hurney in a senior advisory role and bring in a new GM, though it’s unclear whether Hurney would be amenable to such an arrangement.

Couldn't be more vague....typical of Person, he's got nothing.  When Bailey asked him straight out about it Person had nothing to offer, no names, no nothing.

The only solid info out there is Hurndog is under contract until June...and in the abstract that means nothing.

If Tepper was going to make a move in this area he would had done so a long time ago, Marty's "contract" sure isn't standing in the way of him doing so!

Keep the faith...the Appaloosa Model will prevail over time.

36 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Couldn't be more vague....typical of Person, he's got nothing.  When Bailey asked him straight out about it Person had nothing to offer, no names, no nothing.

The only solid info out there is Hurndog is under contract until June...and in the abstract that means nothing.

If Tepper was going to make a move in that area he would had done so a long time ago, Mart's "contract" sure isn't standing in the way of him doing so!

Keep the faith...the Appaloosa Model will prevail over time.

Yeah...that's not vague at all.

And again let's be clear: Person has sources, you have nothing but theories pulled out of thin air.

As I've mentioned to your previous alts, you'd be much better to just take part in the conversation rather than trying to act like you know something you don't.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah...that's not vague at all.

And again let's be clear: Person has sources, you have nothing but theories pulled out of thin air.

As I've mentioned to your previous alts, you'd be much better to just take part in the conversation rather than trying to act like you know something you don't.

Completely vague.  Person has no idea how Tepper conducts business.

I do have theories, that's for sure....and they are well-informed and developed from first-hand experience.

That you are completely unwilling to consider any alternative viewpoint doesn't mean said opinion is wrong...

...Mr. Cut & Paste the funniest part is, you don't have a personal opinion on anything -- at all!!!

Keep the faith...the Appaloosa Model will prevail, just give it a bit of time.

EDIT:  Pay attention to Bailey and Person in the coming weeks, they are starting to understand the model.  John Ellis too.

25 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Completely vague.  Person has no idea how Tepper conducts business.

I do have theories, that's for sure....and they are well-informed and developed from first-hand experience.

That you are completely unwilling to consider any alternative viewpoint doesn't mean said opinion is wrong...

...Mr. Cut & Paste the funniest part is, you don't have a personal opinion on anything -- at all!!!

Keep the faith...the Appaloosa Model will prevail, just give it a bit of time.

EDIT:  Pay attention to Bailey and Person in the coming weeks, they are starting to understand the model.  John Ellis too.

Dude, just stop. We've been through this before.

Pretending that you have inside info when you don't  a path to respect. And when people find out you don't, leaving and coming back with a different ID isn't going to make it any better.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope he hangs around for a couple years. I think he's shown that he can potentially run a potent offense. Hopefully he's learned that a JAG at QB isn't the way to go. A lot of cocky young coaches think they don't necessarily need a star to make their precious system run flawlessy and Brady may honestly not, but you're not gonna pull it off for long with a marginal starter/good backup type. Teddy and his "try to win by not losing" style of QB play is tailor-made for holding the fort down as a backup. It's not what you want out of your starter though.

I don't understand the logic behind constantly blasting Teddy for simply being exactly who we all knew he was, but for the dude who pounded the table for him to be brought in to run his offense, you can have an oddly cheery disposition, like "Well, hope this was a good learning opportunity!".  Seems like your criticisms are misdirected...Brady absolutely deserves the majority of the blame for our shortcomings at QB.  He worked closely with Bridgewater in New Orleans, he already knew what kind of offense he wanted to run, and yet he still decided that this was the holy matrimony he wanted to hitch his wagon to.  Brady apologists afford him so much unearned goodwill for some reason...I don't get it.  I'm not ready to give up on him, but I don't understand what excites people about him so far...that he is able to occasionally scheme our Top-3 WR corps open?

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I don't understand the logic behind constantly blasting Teddy for simply being exactly who we all knew he was, but for the dude who pounded the table for him to be brought in to run his offense, you can have an oddly cheery disposition, like "Well, hope this was a good learning opportunity!".  Seems like your criticisms are misdirected...Brady absolutely deserves the majority of the blame for our shortcomings at QB.  He worked closely with Bridgewater in New Orleans, he already knew what kind of offense he wanted to run, and yet he still decided that this was the holy matrimony he wanted to hitch his wagon to.  Brady apologists afford him so much unearned goodwill for some reason...I don't get it.  I'm not ready to give up on him, but I don't understand what excites people about him so far...that he is able to occasionally scheme our Top-3 WR corps open?

You can like the play calling and overall offensive philosophy while questioning the talent evaluation. If he was banging the table for Teddy, I'd probably downgrade his opinion on the draft prospects.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can like the play calling and overall offensive philosophy while questioning the talent evaluation. If he was banging the table for Teddy, I'd probably downgrade his opinion on the draft prospects.

What specifically do you like about the playcalling and offensive philosophy?  The red zone playcalling has been pretty bad...we've had a lot of success between the 20s but we have damn good receivers who thrive between the 20s so that's kinda expected.  What separates a good coordinator from an average one is their ability to scheme around their limitations in personnel.  Snow has shown some ability to do that (albeit not consistently), but Brady has not done that at all IMO.  Our offense has performed exactly how you'd expect an offense to perform with solid WRs and a poor QB.  Our defense on the other hand has overachieved compared to what you would expect from a team starting mostly rookies and JAGs.  Snow > Brady this year and it's not particularly close.

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

What specifically do you like about the playcalling and offensive philosophy?  The red zone playcalling has been pretty bad...we've had a lot of success between the 20s but we have damn good receivers who thrive between the 20s so that's kinda expected.  What separates a good coordinator from an average one is their ability to scheme around their limitations in personnel.  Snow has shown some ability to do that (albeit not consistently), but Brady has not done that at all IMO.  Our offense has performed exactly how you'd expect an offense to perform with solid WRs and a poor QB.  Our defense on the other hand has overachieved compared to what you would expect from a team starting mostly rookies and JAGs.  Snow > Brady this year and it's not particularly close.

It's the QB. Teddy refuses to take any chances. The windows get smaller in the redzone. You're not often able to throw to wide open targets (even underneath unless it's 3rd and long) in the redzone. Brady thought he could scheme around Teddy. He can't. No one can. He's a liability. 

Archived