• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson and Atlanta and New Orleans

DaveThePanther2008

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we draft Pitts instead of an olineman I will become a chiefs fan.  That would be the most panther thing to do drafting a te in the first

It comes down to value for the spot. I’d prefer not to draft the 26th best player at 7 just because they are a lineman. 

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Worst case is Parsons or Pitts IMO. Great prospects no doubt, but we have much higher value positions of need and there will be guys available that provide much better potential ROI. 

1. QB

2a. OT

2b. CB

If it's not one of those three positions, I think you gotta trade down.

I saw a youtube post where they were discussing Parsons and said he was terrible in pass coverage.  I don't know if it is because he can't or his defense does not normally utilize him in pass coverage.

I don't know.  I haven't seen him play.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I saw a youtube post where they were discussion Parsons and said he was terrible in pass coverage.  I don't know if it is because he can't or his defense does not normally utilize him in pass coverage.

I don't know.  I haven't seen him play.

He is super raw.  Hasn't played the position very long but crazy fast.  I hope we dont pick him if we have a top 10 pick.  

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we are at 7 we get lance.  

I could see that. I just think sometimes the talent is too much to pass up. And that’s how I view Pitts right now. Washington didn’t need Chase Young but he’s so talented you can’t pass it up. 

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we are at 7 we get lance.  

I'd take Wilson over Lance.  Mostly because I've actually seen Wilson play and he definitely has the tools.  Lance worries me because lack of competition could shield major flaws.

When you are facing DBs that are 3 star and below recruits it's a lot easier to exploit them.  He may not feel comfortable throwing to tightly covered WRs. 

34 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Some of these people spend nearly every waking hour in this echo chamber.

it's scary, I used to be on here all the time when I was a kid. you get sucked in, its a bad habit and honestly makes me regret signing up to make an account. 

then they respond with "then leave if you don't like it", but that's the point - I come here to nerd out on the weekends and talk X's and O's, pipedreams, hypotheticals, etc. It's fun to me. I deal with work and my kids all week, and when I come on here to talk about controversial topics directly related to the team I root for for fun - I get silenced by some dude who acts like he's getting paid to be here.

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'd take Wilson over Lance.  Mostly because I've actually seen Wilson play and he definitely has the tools.  Lance worries me because lack of competition could shield major flaws.

When you are facing DBs that are 3 star and below recruits it's a lot easier to exploit them.  He may not feel comfortable throwing to tightly covered WRs. 

Same here

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

I could see that. I just think sometimes the talent is too much to pass up. And that’s how I view Pitts right now. Washington didn’t need Chase Young but he’s so talented you can’t pass it up. 

You are comparing pitts to one of the best pass rushers to come out in 20 years?  

When has the last te picked in the first worked out?  A non blocking one at that.  

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

it's scary, I used to be on here all the time when I was a kid. you get sucked in, its a bad habit and honestly makes me regret signing up to make an account. 

then they respond with "then leave if you don't like it", but that's the point - I come here to nerd out on the weekends and talk X's and O's, pipedreams, hypotheticals, etc. It's fun to me. I deal with work and my kids all week, and when I come on here to talk about controversial topics directly related to the team I root for for fun - I get silenced by some dude who acts like he's getting paid to be here.

He just wants to control the narratives. Of all the crap they have failed to moderate in the past that one was really strange. 

10 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I have worked overseas since 2003.  I've been a member for just about that long.  This forum was better 10+ years ago with far less trolls. Some great conversations and very knowledgeable posters. 

I still come here to get insights and opinions.  Usually we belong to one or the other type of transportation.  Tank or Bandwagon.

I read most posts and if I don't like the post or it is a repeat post I don't comment.  I don't bitch to the OP that it's a repeat thread.  Like one who posted earlier.  If you don't like the thread DON'T POST. (Not directed at you)  It's that simple.

Yes I use this forum like you do.  I will take a break and open the forum and see what the latest topic is.

BTW you should be happy that our forum is active as it is.  I've gone into other forums and there may be one or two post made in the past week.   I haven't been in all of them but the ones I have visited can carry the Huddle's jock strap. 

The Huddle IMO is the best team forum in the NFL.  It's not even close. 

32 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You are comparing pitts to one of the best pass rushers to come out in 20 years?  

When has the last te picked in the first worked out?  A non blocking one at that.  

While I get this thinking... no TE in any round of the draft the last 20 years has produced like Pitts this year. 

Archived