• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds Like Matt Rhule is Frustrated with Teddy

Calboyz13

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Teddy and Jake are polar opposites. They're both pretty average but Jake was at his best in the biggest moments while Teddy is at his worst and their teammates knew/know it. Jake's teammates knew he'd give them a chance to pull it off and that inspired them. Teddy's teammates know he won't and they await the imminent failure with dread. That's the key difference.

I can only speculate as to the dynamics of an actual NFL team but I know as a fan I have zero confidence right now in those situations. It seems logical to assume that at least some players feel the same.

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I remember the one game against Atlanta (I think)  Where he got a cheap shot and got up hot enough to Fug.  He went off after that.  

Of course Smitty loved Jake.  Jake should get half of his Jacket because Jake would throw into double and triple coverage and Mighty Mouse would come out with the ball.  His highlight reels are living proof.  

I wish we had a healthy Jake right now.  Before he blew out his arm.  He was the man.   I loved his intensity. 

I remember that one. It was the Bears. The guy that did the cheap shot was Lance Briggs.

Briggs had been in a super contentious contract dispute with the Bears prior to that. I think that's probably why I remember him.

13 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I can only speculate as to the dynamics of an actual NFL team but I know as a fan I have zero confidence right now in those situations. It seems logical to assume that at least some players feel the same.

I have no relevant experience at the NFL level, but at lower levels you absolutely know when you have teammates who are gonna poo the bed. NFL players are human too so I can't expect that aspect is any different as the level of competition increases.

Archived