• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So was Hurney the one that decided to cut Cam?

PhillyB

54 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Absolutely. That general premise in a vacuum is not far fetched at all. But the question is whether Tepper would allow Hurney, in his final year, to effectively overrule both him and the new head coach he signed to a 7 year contract (plus the new offensive coordinator) on arguably the single most important roster decision: starting qb. That seems incredibly far-fetched to me. But that's my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

or

tepper said "i can see merits to either one, and the call is yours, but you're being judged by the outcome"

which is what most non-jerry-jones owners do with their GMs.

it's very possible hurney didn't cut cam, didn't insist on it, didn't buck tepper who'd only just gotten ace boogie tattooed on his left asscheek and wanted him around to avoid the embarrassment. but based on the dynamics listed in the OP it's a possibility to consider (maybe sans the ass tattoo.)

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The idea that an owner would defer to a GM on a roster decision is not farfetched at all. In fact, that's what most of them do.

I've seen nothing to indicate to me that Tepper is personally having to sign off on every roster decision. It's reasonable to expect he's informed of the major ones ahead of time, but that doesn't mean he has to okay them.

And yes, if you get more of those decisions wrong than you do right, you get fired.

Tepper isn't "most" owners.

There is zero chance the Cam cut was made without Tepper's full-input and stamp of approval (in fact extremely likely it was Tepper's idea) -- that's how it works in the NFL.  Same thing happened (owners made final call) when Giants exited nutjob Beckham, look it up.

Hurndog started with a clean slate when Tepper took over and since then hasn't had the sole decision making authority on anything of importance --- and especially not cutting Cam!

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

There is zero chance the Cam cut was made without Tepper's full-input and stamp of approval

show your work 

edit: this is a straw man anyway since nobody has ever argued this. rather they've argued that tepper could've given hurney authority, if not carte blanche, to be the deciding word on roster calls (which is what good GMs always do.)

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Review all my posts, they will lead you to the promised land.

The Appaloosa Model is simple and proven --- that's how Tepper operates, period.

The same posts that said Marty Hurney would be with the team for the next several years and we wouldn't hire another GM?

Your notion that David Tepper is making all the GM decisions is ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The same posts that said Marty Hurney would be with the team for the next several years and we wouldn't hire another GM?

Your notion that David Tepper is making all the GM decisions is ridiculous.

Marty was nothing more than a cog in the machine -- his presence or absence has no impact on how the organization is structured and operates.

I challenge you to point to out anything I have ever posted that says "Tepper is making all the GM decisions".

You're living in the past pal...

...there's a new sheriff in town and his name is David Tepper and you have no clue about how he runs a business.

8 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Marty was nothing more than a cog in the machine -- his presence or absence has no impact on how the organization is structured and operates.

I challenge you to point to out anything I have ever posted that says "Tepper is making all the GM decisions".

You're living in the past pal...

...there's a new sheriff in town and his name is David Tepper and you have no clue about how he runs a business.

Like this?

On 12/22/2020 at 2:00 AM, SizzleBuzz said:

I got Tepper.

He's put forth his bankroll and is living the ultimate dream of many --- playing real-life fantasy football.

Tepper will always retain unilateral decision making power and if the layer below him (Rhule + ? + ?) cannot make a collective decision/recommendation, Tepper will exercise his GM powers to make the call...he said as much today.

Good times a coming!

From the thread: Hurney's replacement...who u got?

Or maybe this one...

On 12/18/2020 at 7:15 PM, SizzleBuzz said:

Let me clear it up for you...

Simple version of the org chart:

Tepper

Hurney <----> Rhule

Everyone Else

The points are:

1.  Hurndog will remain with the Panthers for years to come -- "contract expiration" signals nothing.  

2.  Tepper will not insert a new level/position between himself and Hurney/Rhule...no traditional "GM" will be hired.

Capiche?

From the thread: Previewing the Carousel

Your posts based on "The Appaloosa Model" aren't exactly getting a lot right, are they?

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Like this?

From the thread: Hurney's replacement...who u got?

Or maybe this one...

From the thread: Previewing the Carousel

Your posts based on "The Appaloosa Model" aren't exactly getting a lot right, are they?

Nothing in any of those posts says "Tepper is making all the GM decisions."

That's not how the Appaloosa Model works.

You should recuse yourself, you have no conception whatsoever about how the business of business works.

5 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You should recuse yourself, you have no conception whatsoever about the business of business.

Suuuuure.

Here's the thing...I don't give a damn about the "business of business" because it doesn't mean sh-t when we're talking football.

I would think the multiple mistakes you've already made could help you get that, or that you might at least understand that nobody is taking this "Appaloosa model and I watch Billions on Showtime so I know stuff" seriously, but you're still going with it so I can't help ya.

But again, better luck on your next alt...

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You should recuse yourself, you have no conception whatsoever about how the business of business works.

4FB96482-4389-4546-9E5A-738CFA64D32F.gif.ce4951d9e6fbd8278bb92785ce281189.gif

Sure Chuck. Which one of your alts is “business savvy”.   

Archived