• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I offer you some hope

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

One more season at least.  Unless the eat his contract and just flat out cut him he's the man one more season.

Well we don't have much behind him to do that. Me personally didn't even want a QB in this class and really wanted Sewell. But either way now we are stuck with him. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The problem with going after a veteran QB is Teddy is still gonna hit the books for $20M next year even if he's not on the roster.

We survived 50M in dead cap this season, we can handle 2 seasons of 10M in dead cap to clear this team of Hurney's last ditch effort to win 6 games per season.

I'm with you though, with the dumbass way we structured the contract, we have him for 2 seasons.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

We survived 50M in dead cap this season, we can handle 2 seasons of 10M in dead cap to clear this team of Hurney's last ditch effort to win 6 games per season.

I'm with you though, with the dumbass way we structured the contract, we have him for 2 seasons.

We really didn't expect him to be this bad. I mean, we absolutely should have but we didn't. There was no legit reason to think otherwise.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We really didn't expect him to be this bad. I mean, we absolutely should have but we didn't. There was no legit reason to think otherwise.

I certainly didn't think that he would magically become good...especially with this O Line.

Teddy was exactly what I thought he was, a QB just good enough to keep you outside of the top 5 of the draft, but not nearly good enough to carry any portion of the team and propel the team into the playoffs.

He's the definition of quarterback purgatory.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

OK.

What is "really perform well", and how much are you willing to wager?

70+ comp %?

3/1 TD's to INT's?

2 TD's passing and 1 rushing?

Wins by 21 or more points?

You are the one saying the average QB is going to "light up Clemson" tell me what that means.

Well we both know Clemson is going to win. They are vastly a far superior team both offense and defense. So winning by 21 points or more is ridiculous. I would say 3 TDs 0 Ints and s 70% completion rate. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Well we both know Clemson is going to win. They are vastly a far superior team both offense and defense. So winning by 21 points or more is ridiculous. I would say 3 TDs 0 Ints and s 70% completion rate. 

10-4, I can get down with that, as long as there are at least 280 passing yards in there.

Now to the amount and payment style you prefer?

Just now, 45catfan said:

Yep, my thoughts exactly, but those are some big shoes to fill.  Even if Lance is close to Mahomes in the pros, that's saying something.

Very mini.  Mahomes is the goat by a mile, no doubt.  But he does some similar stuff and his overall "movement", if you will, reminds me of the chosen one.

Just now, DeAngelo Beason said:

Very mini.  Mahomes is the goat by a mile, no doubt.  But he does some similar stuff and his overall "movement", if you will, reminds me of the chosen one.

Easy now. Calm down. Mahomes is phenomenal and very well could be on his way there but he's not even in the conversation yet. He has to keep this up for many more years before he enters that conversation.

Even if we have to trade up, this guy needs to be our pick. Very rarely do I want a QB in the first round, but the intangible play-making abilities Wilson has is an elite trait. I can’t watch this team with Teddy under center anymore. A dang jugs machine could outperform him.

Just now, thefuzz said:

10-4, I can get down with that, as long as there are at least 280 passing yards in there.

Now to the amount and payment style you prefer?

Never mind. I didn't know he was suffering from a thumb injury. I recant my statement. Ohio State will run the ball mostly against Clemson because Fields is injured. He's still a good QB though. 

Archived