• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Offseason Carousel

Mr. Scot

Been catching some excerpts from Nick Caserio's introductory presser.

General tone of it makes me think he's taking a big balls, no quit, "I'm in charge now so everybody sit down and shut your pie hole" approach to things.

Kinda makes sense, given the environment he came from.

2 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Heard on Sirius that in Washington, the GM will report to Ron Rivera.

Rivera's basically King of Everything up there.

Breer speculated that Ryan Cowden might get the GM job while Marty Hurney would be named a senior consultant or some such.

If that story is true, I kinda wonder whether Cowden would want a job where he's reporting to the coach.

Marty, on the other hand...

19 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

...yea..he just wants a job.  No one else is going to hire him.

A GM wanting to report to the HC would also seem to be someone rather desperate for a GM job/title.

If they do hire Marty, and given that we're getting a new GM of our own, it wouldn't be too surprising to see more of our scouts or personnel guys headed to Washington. Probably especially true for holdovers from the Richardson days.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera's basically King of Everything up there.

Breer speculated that Ryan Cowden might get the GM job while Marty Hurney would be named a senior consultant or some such.

If that story is true, I kinda wonder whether Cowden would want a job where he's reporting to the coach.

Marty, on the other hand...

Please be Hurndog. Someone else needs to feel our pain. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gantt previously said something about our season finale possibly being Jansen's last game here.

Missed that. He has been a stalwart at an invisible, yet critical position. We don't need to spend a first or second day pick replacing him, or any pick at all, but it is not a trivial task to get his durability, consistency and ability.

Archived