• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers also interviewed Omar Khan

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

They're going to to do it no matter what. It was always going to be too many or too few. Or the guy I am fixated on after reading Wikipedia didn't get hired.  The culture here cultivates mindless whining.

I don’t think some people realize that companies usually interview LOTS of candidates for important positions.

People just love to complain and cry. 

9 minutes ago, Mage said:

I don’t think some people realize that companies usually interview LOTS of candidates for important positions.

I'm not upset about the number of candidates.

That said, I've paid attention to NFL hiring cycles for a long time, and I can tell you that fifteen interviews is high, way high. When it comes to GM or head coach openings, most teams bring in about a half dozen candidates at most.

One big factor to remember in this story though? Covid.

In past years, interviews were just about always in person. The team had to fly people out, find accommodations for them, etc etc. Not this year. Now you can just do it by Zoom so there's a lot less time, money and trouble involved.

Not sure we'd have interviewed this many people if it were under normal conditions.

Gonna be interesting to see whether the NFL allows this to continue in the future.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Related: Someone on Twitter asked Broncos reporter Mike Klis why the team hasn't looked at Adam Peters (some here had that question as well).

The apparent reason is that the Broncos believe he's going to get the Panthers job.

That still doesn't make sense.  If they want him they hire him.  Why give up on him going somewhere else, even lobby for him to be hired by someone else?  

Personally that seems odd to me.

9 minutes ago, Mage said:

People just love to complain and cry. 

I won't have much of an option of the move until about a year from now and then it's still likely premature and based on a very shallow view 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That still doesn't make sense.  If they want him they hire him.  Why give up on him going somewhere else, even lobby for him to be hired by someone else?  

Personally that seems odd to me.

It does if they know he wants this job. And given his longtime friendship with Matt Rhule, that wouldn't be surprising.

It's also true they do have other candidates with prior Bronco connections.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It does if they know he wants this job. And given his longtime friendship with Matt Rhule, that wouldn't be surprising.

It's also true they do have other candidates with prior Bronco connections.

Possibly, but it just doesn't smell right to me.  I am like the guard on Crematoria from the Chronicles of Riddick.   

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not upset about the number of candidates.

That said, I've paid attention to NFL hiring cycles for a long time, and I can tell you that fifteen interviews is high, way high. When it comes to GM or head coach openings, most teams bring in about a half dozen candidates at most.

But why does it matter though?  There is literally no negative downside to the amount of people you interview. 

It’s a ludicrous complaint. No different than scouting a lot of players. 

The fact is we could just as easily be doing our due diligence and already have the guy we want in mind. None of us no, so it seems silly for so many to be complaining so relentlessly.

Just now, Mage said:

But why does it matter though?  There is literally no negative downside to the amount of people you interview. 

It’s a ludicrous complaint. No different than scouting a lot of players. 

The fact is we could just as easily be doing our due diligence and already have the guy we want in mind. None of us no, so it seems silly for so many to be complaining so relentlessly.

Don’t you know all of these disgruntled fans know more about running a billion dollar organization than does Tepper?

Archived