• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore graded out as the 24th best WR according to PFF

GoobyPls

9 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Their system isn't flawed, I just understand it so I can put context to it.

Its only flawed to those who don't understand it or are expecting it to be something they don't even claim for it to be.

If you asked them to rank the best all around receives their list would probably look somewhat different.  

You are faulting them for being something they aren't claiming to be.

I’m faulting them for lack of context. But at the same time I have never put much stock on their grades. That’s why in my OP I said reason 8956 (or whatever ) not take pff serious.

You just went out of your way trying to justify those grades without much film to show for it.

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

I’m faulting them for lack of context. But at the same time I have never put much stock on their grades. That’s why in my OP I said reason 8956 (or whatever ) not take pff serious.

You just went out of your way trying to justify those grades without much film to show for it.

its ok if you don't understand what they do

As soon as you take time to watch every snap of every receiver and grade them I'll be sure to follow your list

7 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

its ok if you don't understand what they do

As soon as you take time to watch every snap of every receiver and grade them I'll be sure to follow your list

Might as well stop following theirs cause judging by the evidence you provided they don’t watch much film either.

Or you can always just take pointers from the actual coaches and how they guard said WR. Much easier way to find who’s the best WR that way.

Might as well stop following theirs cause judging by the evidence you provided they don’t watch much film either.

Or you can always just take pointers from the actual coaches and how they guard said WR. Much easier way to find who’s the best WR that way.

They watch more than you do and its not even close.

I actually understand what they are doing so I'll keep using their resources to help me form opinions about players.

The fact you are still talking about the easiest way to find out who the best WR is just reaffirms everything I said about you not understanding what they are doing with their grading system.  It probably is best if you stick to something else.

17 hours ago, AU-panther said:

They watch more than you do and its not even close.

I actually understand what they are doing so I'll keep using their resources to help me form opinions about players.

The fact you are still talking about the easiest way to find out who the best WR is just reaffirms everything I said about you not understanding what they are doing with their grading system.  It probably is best if you stick to something else.

They watch more players but understand the concepts and what makes said receiver better

The easiest way to find out who doesn't know anything about football is if you disagree with the actual coaches in the NFL. I'll stick to the coaches and film you stick to the cute algorithm 

15 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

They watch more players but understand the concepts and what makes said receiver better

The easiest way to find out who doesn't know anything about football is if you disagree with the actual coaches in the NFL. I'll stick to the coaches and film you stick to the cute algorithm 

You are just continuing to prove you don't understand what they are doing.  No where are they disagreeing with the coaches.  You are correct, you need to stick to stuff you can understand.

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

You are just continuing to prove you don't understand what they are doing.  No where are they disagreeing with the coaches.  You are correct, you need to stick to stuff you can understand.

Disagreeing with what? The don’t put stock into more important stuff coaches find tangible thus the grades they give out are dumb.

Not that hard to understand, you like to put stock in meaningless grades.

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Disagreeing with what? The don’t put stock into more important stuff coaches find tangible thus the grades they give out are dumb.

Not that hard to understand, you like to put stock in meaningless grades.

Show me better grades for all the players, i doubt yo have even watched all of the plays of the handful of guys you like.

Their list is dumb to you because you are looking for a different list, here again you might want to stick to something you understand.  Its ok

Or suggest a better to grade every WR in the league.

Edited by AU-panther

21 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Show me better grades for all the players, i doubt yo have even watched all of the plays of the handful of guys you like.

Their list is dumb to you because you are looking for a different list, here again you might want to stick to something you understand.  Its ok

Or suggest a better to grade every WR in the league.

Why do you need grades, you don't trust your eyes and knowledge of the game???

Yesterdays games was a perfect example, Hollywood Brown should of over 120 yards and 2 TD with a better QB but I bet PFF gives Adams a better grade for being schemed open 

Why do you need grades, you don't trust your eyes and knowledge of the game???

Yesterdays games was a perfect example, Hollywood Brown should of over 120 yards and 2 TD with a better QB but I bet PFF gives Adams a better grade for being schemed open 

But you aren't applying your eyes to all of the receivers so your list is incomplete.  Also there was a play were Diggs was covered by like the 4th CB, does that mean he is bad?  am I doing this right.

almost every WR could have better stats with a better QB, that's an impossible metric to define for all of the WRs, that why you are allowed to use their grades as a tool.  Even PFF has had articles themselves talking bout how good Micheal Thomas really is.  Their ranking isn't saying he is the best overall WR, its saying he graded the highest for that season.  That is two different things.  Most people can understand that.

and honestly PFF is the one system that probably did give some credit to Hollywood Brown for being wide open.  Traditional stats don't, stat based rankings don't, PFF might not be perfect but it is trying to address the one thing you keep complaining about, I'm sure Brown got a really grade on that play for running such a great route.   

11 hours ago, AU-panther said:

But you aren't applying your eyes to all of the receivers so your list is incomplete.  Also there was a play were Diggs was covered by like the 4th CB, does that mean he is bad?  am I doing this right.

almost every WR could have better stats with a better QB, that's an impossible metric to define for all of the WRs, that why you are allowed to use their grades as a tool.  Even PFF has had articles themselves talking bout how good Micheal Thomas really is.  Their ranking isn't saying he is the best overall WR, its saying he graded the highest for that season.  That is two different things.  Most people can understand that.

and honestly PFF is the one system that probably did give some credit to Hollywood Brown for being wide open.  Traditional stats don't, stat based rankings don't, PFF might not be perfect but it is trying to address the one thing you keep complaining about, I'm sure Brown got a really grade on that play for running such a great route.   

Who says I’m not? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand football.

Again go read my original post, idc about their grades, who is graded higher than who, I have film saying Moore is just as good as Adams you have no film saying the opposite. Like I said you and me can go clip for clip instead using grades which is a more sensible way of determine who is better.

Also it’s not about grading better it’s the fact that Brown played better than Adams, no if, ands or buts about it. The film doesn’t lie

Still having a pointless discussion I see. If someone doesn't understand the fact that PFF is a tool to be used like other tools, is a valued resource and used by every franchise in the NFL, looks at tape of every play, and has some rankings that are relatively equal to other analytics companies, then let them be! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:04 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

To be fair, Adams is much better in the red zone. The red zone is where Moore can stand to improve the most but Teddy is absolutely not the right fit to help him do that. Teddy's limitations as a QB are most evident in the red zone.

You can't do well in the redzone if the QB doesn't throw it into the endzone...