• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drew Brees' reign of terror is finally over

16 hours ago, TSLA said:

For the last time, what is an “alt”? Someone please elaborate on that for me. For the last 6 years, I have watched the Saints and Payton run around the salary cap. I won’t be surprised if they land Watson. Neither should you be. 

You seem to be in the wrong forum since you ride the Aints train like you have been talking about them all the time.

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

Fixed. I said this all before the season started. The door was wide open amd Marty was allowed to shut it throwing away a better pick, $81M in cap and 3rd and 5th round comp picks. Anyone with half a brain could see we weren’t going to compete for the playoffs and had a golden fuging opportunity to prepare for owning the division in 2022 and splurging our cap space into multiple deep playoff runs while our division foes were potentially still looking for their new QBs.

Well that's Hurney for ya. Hopefully he can help Washington to reach those levels of stupidity. 

On 1/17/2021 at 10:43 PM, 45catfan said:

I just had a thought. Would the Saints entertain drafting Trask at #28?  Hill isn't the long term answer and even Sean Peyton deep down knows that. 

I would be pretty surprised if Trask got to 28.  I suspect the Patriots take him at 15 if Jones is gone.  If the Pats take Jones at 15, WTF will take Trask at 19.

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I would be pretty surprised if Trask got to 28.  I suspect the Patriots take him at 15 if Jones is gone.  If the Pats take Jones at 15, WTF will take Trask at 19.

Trask doesn't strike me as someone that would fit in well in the dink and dunk Saints offense. 

4 minutes ago, Zod said:

Trask doesn't strike me as someone that would fit in well in the dink and dunk Saints offense. 

Perhaps.  But Trask does demonstrate good touch on the ball. 

That scheme is also among the many reasons why I don't think Jameis is a good fit in N.O. either.  Big arm with a definite gunslinger mentality.  No idea why they signed him in the first place . . . probably wasn't getting too many offers is all I can come up with.

Archived