• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bieniemy apparently out of the running in Houston

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Guess not. Take the L, man. 
Try the race baiting card another day or just keep it in the Tinder Box.

Literally the only thing you've done here is make excuses for black coaches not getting HC jobs despite players and coaches agreeing they don't get a fair shot. Why do you think you know more than them?

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Literally the only thing you've done here is make excuses for black coaches not getting HC jobs despite players and coaches agreeing they don't get a fair shot. Why do you think you know more than them?

The only thing you’ve done here is take comments out of context to fit your agenda. 

21 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Like I said, it has to be the right type of people. Brainwashing, guilt tripping, and social signaling has a firm grasp on many minds. Sad times in a great era. 

LMFAO!

This is why I hardly ever go to the TB. I have little patience for people who try to skirt around the issue of racism by giving all kinds of reasons why this case and that case can't possibly be the result of systemic racism. 

I'll tell you like I tell anyone else; the data in this country tells a story. That's why I like Andrew Yang who is data-driven. His solutions are data-driven and fully in tune with what's happening in the 21st century as opposed to the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. But, getting back on point, blacks in this country come out on the negative end of the spectrum--the short end of the stick--by just about every social and economic measure that you can think of  (e.g. infant mortality, home ownership, education and higher education, incarceration, loan rates, ability to get loans, communities subject to questionable environmental conditions, covid-19 deaths, wages, etc.) If you want to pretend that this is not the direct result of systemic racism and oppression, that's your choice, but this tells me all that I need to know about you in your regards to a sense of fairness, justice, empathy, and morality.

Now I'm not saying that maybe this isn't currently the issue with the Texans and Bienemy. On its face, you could say that since the Texans appear to be on the way to hiring a black coach, that racism plays no part in this. But looking at the reported issues surrounding the owner and reasons that Deshaun Watson is disgruntled, and the appearance that it seems as though the Texans are trying to make Watson happy and/or at least save face under the pressure of his anger, I'd suggest that there is at least a chance that racism has indirectly played a part in all of this, just like it continues to be pervasive in many social and economic sectors in this country, as reflected by the data. 

Lastly, if you believe that blacks are on the negative end of the spectrum on pretty much all the measurements because blacks actually are inferior, then you're a racist, point blank!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I see you're trying to conduct a thought experiment here but if players and coaches all agree that black coaches aren't getting a fair shot, why you in such a rush to disagree and cape for owners who might only be comfortable with other white folks in leadership positions? This might be unconscious and not outwardly malicious at all, I've admitted that much. But it's weird how you're in such a hurry to justify a qualified black coach being passed over repeatedly while white coaches with less experience and shorter resumes continue to get coaching gigs and more interviews. You don't have to change the subject or bring up the lack of white DBs if you disagree, I promise that's got nothing to do with this

I believe Darin Gantt said that Eric and Tepper had a interview and it when so bad that Tepper asked for another day in the interview. That happened the next day and it didnt go better. That was one deal, but it does seem to be a pattern. Joe Brady rumored issue was he had a weak staff to be hired. Todd Bowles was given a shot, same for Steve Wilkis and I think Vance Joseph got jobs. Soon fired, its the nature of this business. Please re-read about Ron Rivera/2017 being the 6th longest year. Qualified is the question for you and me. I believe you need to focus on McVay. He had great success and Matt Fluer has too, its a tend. 

The issue you need to understand is what it takes to move up the coaching ranks now. Honestly its film work and being able to use technology. Thats where McVay changed the game. Being able to run computer programs and cut up film, while using a Xbox controller.  Both Bill Billacheat and Nick Saben have said this, both were not fans either. That saves time and in a business of long 18-20 hour days, thats a game charger. If I wanted to be a HC, Id hire personal teachers on those subjects. Black coaches need a trendsetter, not fake hand-outs.  

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

The only thing you’ve done here is take comments out of context to fit your agenda. 

It's okay, man. Let it go. It's not his fault.

It's not his fault he has been indoctrinated into thinking every shortcoming ever experienced by anyone of any non-white race has been because "white privilege". It's not his fault he plays the victim card so well. It's not his fault he's a hurt bitch.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Cam's New Arm said:

It's okay, man. Let it go. It's not his fault.

It's not his fault he has been indoctrinated into thinking every shortcoming ever experienced by anyone of any non-white race has been because "white privilege". It's not his fault he plays the victim card so well. It's not his fault he's a hurt bitch.

Yep, hit dogs will holler