• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd McShay is CONVINCED we will move on from Teddy

JABANOG

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I believe you're thinking of Evan Cooper.

Was it Cooper? Someone asked the question with thinking Joe Brady was going to get mentioned and Rhule came with a cruve. I think it was still Nixon, hes offense too. 

Edited by Basbear

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Maybe it was, my memory is not reliable. Not going to dig all Rhules' pressers to find out.  

You don't have to. It wasn't a presser. It was a conference call. Specifically, the one prior to our first game against the Saints.

On the call, Rhule mentioned Cooper talking about Bridgewater and suggesting he'd fit well into our offense. Igo posted about it after it happened.

Of course, at that point in the season, feelings about Bridgewater were a lot more positive than they would be later on.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

CMC, Roddy ANderson, DJ Moore are not chopped liver. A couple of them could be HOFers. So if Teddy stays(unlikely)- will he have less, more, or the same numbers/impact? His first year staring since 2015(?), Brady first time installing O, new to queen, lost CMC early, no TE, no OTAs, no training camp, no off-season group trips, played hurt after TB, convid BS, etc etc. People have been far too hard on him. I believe, given ALL that listed, he could improve some. Thats my hope too, since we're on the hook for part of his salary. People act like he was the worst QB in NFL history, he played average and got a average check. Its not a win or lost. He set career highs with all of that too. 

Lol. You Teddy stans just won’t go away. He is a mediocre QB who will NEVER improve. I cannot wait for that hack to be gone. Never have I disliked a player on our team like Teddy Trashwater. It is almost all because of you annoying Teddy fans. 

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Lol. You Teddy stans just won’t go away. He is a mediocre QB who will NEVER improve. I cannot wait for that hack to be gone. Never have I disliked a player on our team like Teddy Trashwater. It is almost all because of you annoying Teddy fans. 

No fan(stated that numerous times), just Im able to see and understand the bigger picture. Plus I dont judge any free agent in the first season(same for rookies), much less the all the facts I listed above. But haters going to hate or in your case bitches going to bitch.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't have to. It wasn't a presser. It was a conference call. Specifically, the one prior to our first game against the Saints.

On the call, Rhule mentioned Cooper talking about Bridgewater and suggesting he'd fit well into our offense. Igo posted about it after it happened.

Of course, at that point in the season, feelings about Bridgewater were a lot more positive than they would be later on.

You described it how I remembered, I think it was Cooper now. That was the beginning of the Teddy hate train, I thought for sure he was to say Joe Brady. 

I don't know how probable it is, but a reverse effect might be possible.

The Lions staff headed by Dan Campbell is obviously going to have some Saints influence. If Campbell remembers Bridgewater positively, maybe there's a chance we can offload him there to backup whoever they get. Could conceivably be part of a deal to get Stafford.

The Chargers could be another possibility. They hired former Saints QB Coach Joe Lombardi as their OC. He might think Bridgewater could be a capable backup to Herbert.

Mind you, I'd say in either of those places or anywhere else he goes, he's going to need to renegotiate his contract and be willing to accept a backup role.

Edited by Mr. Scot