• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford trade agreement might be in place before the Super Bowl

Mr. Scot

Dave Birkett covers the Lions for the Detroit Free Press.

Guesses from what I've been reading would be the Rams of the 49ers. Colts are possible too I suppose but the other two sound more likely.

There was word that we checked into it, but I seriously doubt we're involved anymore.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dave Birkett covers the Lions for the Detroit Free Press.

Guesses from what I've been reading would be the Rams of the 49ers. Colts are possible too I suppose but the other two sound more likely.

There was word that we checked into it, but I seriously doubt we're involved anymore.

This is what I expected. I said early on that teams better positioned to win now and feeling the pressure to win now would (and should) value Stafford more than we would (and should).

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is what I expected. I said early on that teams better positioned to win now and feeling the pressure to win now would (and should) value Stafford more than we would (and should).

Always felt McVay has been a tad limited by Goff. With Stafford, who knows?

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's his own fault. I'm sure they didn't give Goff that mega deal without McVay being fully onboard with it.

Brad Holmes as well, which is one of the reasons I think Goff could end up in Detroit.

Don't know if it could happen, but a straight Stafford for Goff swap would certainly be interesting.

18 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I still think that Stafford will end up in Indianapolis. It just fits their current plans. They are built for the now, they just need a good QB and for the ball to land the right way a few times.  Rivers was close, but maybe not enough tread left on the tires... Stafford could hit the sweet spot for what they want.

Well, guess I was wrong.

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

You weren't too far off - he was most likely to go to a team that's ready to win now. 

Obviously the Colts didn't want to match the Rams offer. 

I was right about the possibility of the Rams and Lions swapping starters, but severely underestimated the Panthers interest in Stafford.