• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When has a blockbuster NFL trade worked out for the team who gives up everything?

Happy Panther

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What was the Texans record last year?

they had a losing record.  Watson's only losing season.  Pros.  College. High School.  

but I am sure it had nothing to do with the shitshow going on with that franchise that is well documented during a COVID year.  Watson just isn't a big enough difference maker. 

6 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Everyone keeps saying this, like Gronk, Fournette, and AB don't matter. They probably don't make the SB without AB taking the best CB on other teams.

They went there because Brady went there. That's another advantage of getting the big time qb.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yet the argument I'm having presented to me is that trading for Watson alone makes us winners.

in simple terms? Yes. 

The team that has Watson will be winners overall.   Just like the team who had Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, etc.    The team who has certain QBs is going to overall win.  Because the game is literally designed for them to be winners. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

they had a losing record.  Watson's only losing season.  Pros.  College. High School.  

but I am sure it had nothing to do with the shitshow going on with that franchise that is well documented during a COVID year.  Watson just isn't a big enough difference maker. 

So basically...

"Watson is all we need!"

"Why haven't they been winning in Houston then?"

"Football is a team sport!"

🤔

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

in simple terms? Yes. 

The team that has Watson will be winners overall.   Just like the team who had Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, etc.    The team who has certain QBs is going to overall win.  Because the game is literally designed for them to be winners. 

When Geoff Schwartz tweeted about Panther fans thinking that just getting Watson made us a championship team, I saw a few people respond "nobody is saying this".

Apparently, they were wrong.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

This is true, but not to the degree that this board thinks it is. If it were, the Texans wouldn't have a losing record in Watson's best year. And while some OLs in NE weren't stellar, I'd never say any of them were weak.

I mean, JJ Watt called out the team for basically not even putting in the effort last season....in season. 

People putting all their stock in this ONE season where the franchise literally created a place where people didn't want to be and work.  The culture is well documented.  

So yeah, it is a team sport.  You need people bought in.  Working hard.  But Watson has proven at every level....he is enough to put a team over pending the basic elements are there. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

"Why haven't they been winning in Houston then?"

again, Watson has one losing season to his name.  Pros.  College.  HS.  He puts teams on his back.  To quote the great Dabo Sweeney, he is Michael Jordan. 

Watson isn't enough to overcome an owner/GM that make a place miserable and where teammates are no longer working.  That's NFL great JJ Watt talking. But that is all you got to hang your hat on IMO.