• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QBs write up from BR

raleigh-panther

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Yeah this is the point i got off track, my bad

My point still remains on Lance tho!

Completely understandable. Like I said you were replying to a few people and I know when I’ve done that I’ve definitely gotten details mixed up between the replies. I do like Lance. 

• Pie 1

If 4 QBs do go in the top 7 picks I see that actually benefiting the team, still have some great choices at other position if that’s the case.

You guys are so obsessed with QB that think finding a franchise QB one year removed from the last one is some sort of norm. It really isn’t and the rare examples are decades apart. The majority had dud seasons and bridge QBs filling the gaps.

It’s may take time barring a trade. 

Edited by onmyown

46 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you have an example of a team sitting a top 5 pick?

Um Steve McNair who I've been comparing him to the whole time

Also, the Panthers are set up to have good cap room the next two years, they literally just cleared a lot of cap space the last two weeks, so your point in the other thread about not knowing what it is, where you were being petty bc you can't deal with message board disagreement, sucks too 

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

You'd think a fanbase who witnessed only 3 winning seasons out of 9 with their last franchise QB would better appreciate that football is still a team sport.

We can believe we need an upgrade at QB, bc we understand the necessity, and understand that there need to be improvements along the roster at the same time. 

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

We can believe we need an upgrade at QB, bc we understand the necessity, and understand that there need to be improvements along the roster at the same time. 

Sacrificing Peter to pay Paul isn't the answer.  Never has been.

Many fans here have spent the last decade complaining that Cam didn't have decent O line and lacked weapons to work with.  Panthers are in the bottom half of the league when it comes to on field talent.  With cap limitations and a lack of draft picks where is all the talent needed to support Watson coming from?

Look no further than the Houston Texans to see what a Watson led future for the Panthers has in store.

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Sacrificing Peter to pay Paul isn't the answer.  Never has been.

Many fans here have spent the last decade complaining that Cam didn't have decent O line and lacked weapons to work with.  Panthers are in the bottom half of the league when it comes to on field talent.  With cap limitations and a lack of draft picks where is all the talent needed to support Watson coming from?

Look no further than the Houston Texans to see what a Watson led future for the Panthers has in store.

You're being cynical about our skill players who just had 4 1000 yd players for the first time in league history with Teddy at QB. Also, this draft lines up to fix the O line (which we can feel good about since they drafted so well last year and coached the senior bowl) while also finding three legit stars on defense who are only gonna get better. Football is supposed to be fun and our current state shows we have great upside if we're smart and sign the right free agents. The coaching is already there, a QB like Watson and a few shrewd moves in free agency will prove that. Plus, we have an owner that's signaled he's gonna spend money. He even paid for Teddy Bridgewater. I disagree, respectfully. 

To be fair though, I don't blame anyone from having Marty Hurney PTSD. He would always follow up a good draft picks or free agent signing with an equally bad one so I don't mind ppl being nervous about making a bold move to improve the roster. But Marty is gone now so im gonna be positive about the better than expected returns we've already seen from Rhule and Brady

Tom Brady could have been the top paid player in the NFL for the last two decades if he chose to be.

Instead, Tom chose a different strategy, because he wanted to win championships over "getting paid".

Taking on another team's massive QB contract and giving up multiple high draft picks in the process will likely prevent the Panthers from fielding a competitive roster.